Parker & Associates No Release. Please Advise

Re: Parker & Associates No Release Please Advise

I found another Brokerage that can sign you up with Humana. I do not know anything about them. Maybe someone else knows something about them.

PRS Solutions. They swear they are NOT married or in any way associated with Parker.

Let me know what you guys know.

COOL BEANS!

They have "standard" as part of their contract to sign up agents for Humana, the following form:

PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc.
Authorized Agency for HUMANA Medicare Advantage Plans

Commission Contract Disclaimer

My signature below attests to my complete understanding that in good faith PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. has explained and presented to me in full all benefits of the Humana MA contract which allows for $250.00 enrollment commission and $6.00 MONTHLY renewal commission on Medicare Advantage, and $50.00 enrollment commission and $15.00 ANNUAL renewal commission on the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. After careful consideration and no coercion by PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc., I have chosen a contract administered by PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. in lieu of the contract offered by Humana.
I attest that my intentions as of below stated date with respect to commission payments on Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Plans are true and in good faith on my part. I also wish my below signature to represent my intent to contract my commission payment for enrollment and renewals on Humana Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan with PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. at this time. This contract can be amended or canceled at any time by either party.

So they have as part of their appointments a release form. And either party can cancel at any time.
I added the CAPITALIZED words in their disclaimer because they were missing. LOL, but otherwise, I think it rocks.

I am critical of Humana's plans for PFFS, although the 20 plan in the midwest looks pretty good. Unicare looks a lot better to me for the client but less commission around 240 per app. Humana also has not impressed me with their customer service, as a matter of fact they have cost me untold hours of frustration. Why don't they honor the 12 month trial period for seniors to go back to their original supplement?:biggrin:

COOL BEANS!

They have "standard" as part of their contract to sign up agents for Humana, the following form:

PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc.
Authorized Agency for HUMANA Medicare Advantage Plans

Commission Contract Disclaimer

My signature below attests to my complete understanding that in good faith PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. has explained and presented to me in full all benefits of the Humana MA contract which allows for $250.00 enrollment commission and $6.00 MONTHLY renewal commission on Medicare Advantage, and $50.00 enrollment commission and $15.00 ANNUAL renewal commission on the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan. After careful consideration and no coercion by PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc., I have chosen a contract administered by PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. in lieu of the contract offered by Humana.
I attest that my intentions as of below stated date with respect to commission payments on Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Plans are true and in good faith on my part. I also wish my below signature to represent my intent to contract my commission payment for enrollment and renewals on Humana Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan with PRS Insurance Solutions Agency, Inc. at this time. This contract can be amended or canceled at any time by either party.

So they have as part of their appointments a release form. And either party can cancel at any time.
I added the CAPITALIZED words in their disclaimer because they were missing. LOL, but otherwise, I think it rocks.

That is a relatively low MA commission for Humana, although it is higher than Parker. I have heard of $300 last year for MA, and I don't know whether that's the max or not.

Does Senior Market Solutions offer Humana contracts?

Cenla,
That is the "standard" letter/disclaimer. I did get the $300 you are speaking of. So, yes, it is available.
~IF

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick update; it's in progress. I'm playing the waiting game now and don't feel good about it. After multifarious hours spent on the phone I still have no clear answer yet. But slowly but surely, I'm moving .... question is: will I get it? How far will I have to go?!!!

Apparently, Humana operates a bit differently than most of the other carriers who host MA with or without PDPs that is not in my contract.

I will keep you posted. Be careful what you sign ladies and gentlemen... ask ask and ask and make sure you get all in writing that you possibly can.

Sman, great idea and I thought about trying that too but I learned it's not so black and white with these guys; so I did not do that.

I especially thank Cenla.

Don't assume 6 months is the get home free term. With Coventry it is 12 months. The carriers that use the FMO distribution channel have a vested interest in placating the FMOs. If they screw with one, word gets around to the other FMOs, just like the political end of the stick we are on.

My suggestion is to follow the advice given in this thread by others, that is... contact the carrier (in this case, Humana) and ask them for assistance. They should have a protocol that addresses this issue. It may be that those people who are frustrating you are probably ignorant of this protocol and don't know what to do. I would think you have an avenue of available remedy, you just need to find it. An attorney can help you, but you can save yourself some money by just asking the carrier for that remedy. If it does not exist, then you may find an attorney necessary.

I feel your pain! I have gone through the same scenario.

12 hours or more give or take and nowhere.... where I want to be. Who's got that much time to be transfered on the telephone... you know!!!

This may be my next move. And what also policy doc suggested in addition to filing formal complaints with the commissioner's office in Kentucky and Mississippi - Where Humana and Paker are located.

What a mess and really no reason for it.

Wish I had some advice for you but will say thanks for sharing.

I recently spoke to MA GA here in MI and it was like pulling teeth to get them to even discuss it.

Was like going in circles-
Response- "But we have great service"
My response- I understand you folks will probaly do a great job however need the release letter"
Response - "We treat our agents great"
On and on and on ...

As a former biz owner I understand they do not want agents jumping from ship to ship wasting time and resources. However if the relationship is not working its to no ones advantage to hold an agent hostage. Assuming there in no debt involved.

No matter best of luck with all this.

Is that the reason for the waiting periods? The fear that the agent will flip their book of business and then stiff them on the chargebacks, etc?

Don't assume 6 months is the get home free term. With Coventry it is 12 months.

Update: Yesterday I spoke with an FMO (face to face! Can you believe it?!) and he told me that Coventry just reversed this policy they implemented last April. It is now 6 months to get released. He is on an advisory board with Coventry and several other carriers, and they are apparently working on standardizing these FMO contracts. One trend I see is listing the hierarchy clearly in the contracts. If I didn't know better, I would think GreenSky has been making an impact!!:yes:

I am a FMO and I answer my own phone, we not all bad business people like you make us out to be.

Latest posts

Back