Part B SEP Enroll Online

Somarco... You actually posted about this in 2020. Its been a great tip since.

I can't tell you what I had for breakfast, much less 4 years ago.

Seriously, when I found a link to SEP Part B the site looked differently. I know they have revamped the "look" of gov sites but have not been to this area in a while. I send the info and link to clients and never look back.

Today a new client called to ask if he needed to log in again and enroll in Medicare.

Whut???

So I had to send him the link again and walk him through the process.

People still fax?

Online is my preferred method but I let the client know they can send it in however they want.

People still fax?

Online is my preferred method but I let the client know they can send it in however they want.
I think JD was talking about sending a fax in the fe forum the other day.
I took it that he was doing something with his phone, Is there some kind of cell phone faxing application?

People still fax?

Yes strangely enough the medical field still uses it and still considers it HIPPA compliant and obviously SS does too.I used fax recently to file a claim on my personal vision insurance-it was either fax or mail.I sometimes use fax when applying for a clients medicare savings program if they don't have an email address or if there is an issue logging in to there account.Sometimes scanning documents to email is a pain.

I haven't had a fax machine in at least a dozen years, and I don't want to tell clients to go to Kinko's to fax their paperwork in.

You can do it online. I don’t own a fax machine, either, but I send the papers as a courtesy. Great way to close a sale and create opp for a client referral.

Yes strangely enough the medical field still uses it and still considers it HIPPA compliant and obviously SS does too.I used fax recently to file a claim on my personal vision insurance-it was either fax or mail.I sometimes use fax when applying for a clients medicare savings program if they don't have an email address or if there is an issue logging in to there account.Sometimes scanning documents to email is a pain.
Financial too, for information needed for annuity applications.

Financial too, for information needed for annuity applications.
It’s considered safe and compliant because it’s the telephone. Same reasoning with the postal service.

What I find wild is that most schools and state agencies are not considered covered entities when it comes to hipaa.

Thankfully, SSA doesn’t actually have a fax machine sitting around in the corner that’s receiving all this stuff all day. It is received by a computer basically. Same way that I send and receive faxes.

Back