Part C &D Levelized Commissions?

I would have to say that HMO's are the backbone of the MA industry. They have been around for 15+ years, but only in major metros. PPO's are slowly taking over now that their premiums and benefits are more inline with HMO's, but with out of network benefits and usually larger networks.

PFFS plans on paper looked like a great deal. However, applied they were a disaster. Executed properly, they could have been a success, but as we all know, that did not happen.

What is going to happen is that PFFS plans are basically going to become regional PPO plans. Humana already has quite a few of those in place. Their benefits compared to local plans are not all that, but when someone cannot get a local plan, that may be their only option for additional coverage.

PFFS the backbone of the MA program? Medicare HMO was around years before PFFS was even thought of...

THe majority of the country is having problems with the PFFS plans.... I tried the dual eligable WellCare PFFS thing and it blew up in my face... people that were used to paying nothing anywhere were getting hit with bills so big they thought I was a fraud...

I cant imagine ever selling a PFFS plan ever again.

Medicare HMO was not the MA HMO.

I don't know why you had trouble with the Wellcare dual. My clients love it. I haven't been able to seel the Duet/Melody in Ky and In since May 12, but, I've done many of the Sonata plans in the interim. Especially for the LIS folks and the In medicaid with a spend down. The Melody/Duet is the only really good thing for full medicaid people and I got 3 call today from people wanting it. These calls came from referrals from my current clients. If they were so unhappy, they sure wouldn't be telling their friends to call me.

All I could do was tell them that I would call them when the Melody/Duet came back or they could call Wellcare and enroll themselves.

We have no HMO plans here. The only PPO we have is Anthem's $24/mo.

Again, we have no problems with Dr. acceptance. We will with the network requirement, thus, the PFFS will go away here. Now, I suppose I could go enroll them in this great HMO that doesn't exist here?

I haven't missed anything. You are missing my point solely because you agree with the end results of this legislation. You are willing to to throw out the whole MA structure because of a few rogues.

As as the $600 commission, I don't know of anyone that gets that. My largest contract is $420. The second largest is $270 then $225. I've done far more of the $27o and $225 than I have the $420.

I don't have a problem with the leveling of commissions. I'm sure there are many agents that would place the business with the $420 instead of the $225 without taking into consideration the suitablity for the client. To pay it as earned, I do not agree with. Unless they allow the members a continuous OEP. If you pay the agents as earned, but, still lock the member into the plan, that's nothing but a punishment to the agent. That would drive the good agents away from the MA business and all you would have left are the ones that caused the problems.

That would be a death knell for the MA program. Of course, it's that the end one seeks, it would be a good thing in their mind.

I don't know what state you are in but here in Florida there are MA plans that pay street level $800 per epp and a $10 PMPM starting month 4.

I find $800 to be high for a non-underwritten product that requires zero servicing.

I get paid "decent" commissions to find people who qualify for health insurance. How much am I paid for our GI state product? $100. No underwriting, no servicing, no nothing.

It's nice to have the professional agents add their information to this thread. Thanks John, Rick, Ramiz, Mike, Hoosier and Patch.

The experienced agents see PFFS plans for what they are.

I wouldn't be shocked if the commissions for pffs plans are no more than $15/month no advance.

I won't work for that. You can be professional all you want but you don't see the top professionals in their respected industries settling for pennies on the dollar.

This is nothing more than AARP trying to get a complete death grip on the senior market. Pun intended.

And personally I'd rather have $5,000 an app for pffs/medicare than let AARP monopolize the market.

Call me unprofessional. Whatever.

Not true - in MD there are a ton of brokers selling Carefirst like there's no tomorrow at $17 a month per app.

One of agents I respect the most - Jesse McDonald, it making six figures writing health insurance at 7% in CT.

Back