PART C

I usually bring my laptop with me. Whenever I sell to women, I open it up and the background picture is a huge picture of my wife and baby. They eat it up.

Melmunch3 said:
I usually bring my laptop with me. Whenever I sell to women, I open it up and the background picture is a huge picture of my wife and baby. They eat it up.

How funny! I guess I can try to put a pict of my wife on my yellow pad and let it fall on the table when I bring it out. Maybe I'll add one of my boy and my dog?

That is one advantage of a laptop, pictures. I have a slideshow on my screensaver of my wife, son, and various things involving family. Seniors see that and love it. I have also found that it makes them more comfortable talking to me to see I have a family. They get to know me more, and that takes down some walls of defence.

Depending on the situation, I use the spreadsheet. I have done it on the legal pad, but the younger seniors (age ins) are usually all about the computer. I attached it so you can see it. Like I said, it is for KC rates for 2006. Just plug in the supp rate in the yellow box, the dr visits and such on the supp side in the yellow boxes and the sheet does the rest. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I also need the laptop for apps. Only the deligated brokers use paper apps. We use digital apps that require the laptop. We just punch in the info and have them sign a digial pad.

Prior to the laptop, I did carry some pics of my family in a 3 ring binder, with some other policy info, so as we looked at info, they were in there. That worked as well. People like the animal ones too!!

Attachments

• hmo_calc_gold_plus_172.xls
    19 KB · Views: 104
No CD presentation!!! That would be horrible.

I use it as a reference tool. I have all the summary of benefits saved, drug formularies, I will use the internet to do a projected drug cost for the year (drug calculator), etc. It is easier then bringing in all the books and looking like I just robbed a library. They may have family members who live in other parts of Kansas / Missouri and want to see what is available to them.

midwestbroker said:
That is one advantage of a laptop, pictures. I have a slideshow on my screensaver of my wife, son, and various things involving family. Seniors see that and love it. I have also found that it makes them more comfortable talking to me to see I have a family. They get to know me more, and that takes down some walls of defence.

Depending on the situation, I use the spreadsheet. I have done it on the legal pad, but the younger seniors (age ins) are usually all about the computer. I attached it so you can see it. Like I said, it is for KC rates for 2006. Just plug in the supp rate in the yellow box, the dr visits and such on the supp side in the yellow boxes and the sheet does the rest. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I also need the laptop for apps. Only the deligated brokers use paper apps. We use digital apps that require the laptop. We just punch in the info and have them sign a digial pad.

Prior to the laptop, I did carry some pics of my family in a 3 ring binder, with some other policy info, so as we looked at info, they were in there. That worked as well. People like the animal ones too!!

I really like this calculator and will use it...I added a third one that shows an example if they had only Original Medicare vs these plans also.

Thanks for sharing!

I hardly touch original medicare except for the mandatory rules, I mention it and that is about it. It will always or nearly always boil down to MA Vs Supplement. Only exception is group and VA, the VA you have an excellent shot at, most group you really don't even though I may throw out a zinger and just see what bites.

Group all depends on what they have through who.

I have a handful of people that dropped their group because their premiums got to be high (300,400 etc). I always advise them to call their plan and see if they can re-enroll later if they leave it, or can they have a MA plan with the group plan. Some groups actually encourage that.

MA vs. Supp is the usual battle. Then you have to throw Part D in there. That is always adding fuel to the fire (mass confusion). But, it could be worse. I could be selling Mega and thinking that it is great coverage!

Back