Pedestrian Claim

And there really isn’t a single mark on my car. No dents, no scratches. My daughter said he was fully facing her, didn’t move. She was at Stop light, got the green arrow to turn left and he was on the street she was turning onto.

You mentioned there was a video of the incident that police reviewed. Have you made sure you have a copy before it is no longer available?

The police said there was a camera there and they would review the footage before they came back to our house that evening but made no mention of it when they came back and have since told my insurance that there wasn’t any video available.

Right, but at least he doesn't have to worry about it happening AGAIN.

Carrier very unlikely to issue an umbrella when there is an open BI claim or even a settled one. More likely to be able to increase BI limits to max on an active auto policy as most states don't allow underwriting to limit active policies BI limits

They did send me a copy of the official request and reply for the video footage that shows no records exist.

Carrier very unlikely to issue an umbrella when there is an open BI claim or even a settled one. More likely to be able to increase BI limits to max on an active auto policy as most states don't allow underwriting to limit active policies BI limits

I've seen carriers turn it down, but I've written umbrellas for people with open BI claims at least 3-4 times without switching carriers. As long as she wasn't ticketed for reckless op.

Last edited:
Back