Phone scripts

You'll get some leads where the husband's coverage is free but they're paying $500 a month for the wife and child. In those cases you had 'em at hello. Yank the wife/child off the group plan and save them over $200 a month. Nothing to think about.

Another reason you might not want to take a wife off a group is if they are planning on having more children. Thats the first thing I ask before recommending going from a group to individual!

Not the case here. Aetna and Blue Cross. Assurant's also very competitive here with their maternity.

Whats the difference in the Assurant plan in Tx and where you are located? Its still a $10,000 Ded isnt it? I dont think it cost even close to $10 G's to have a baby.

Sure. Run any MD zip on your software. I sell a decent amount of Assurant maternity. If they can wait 9 months it's the most affordable plan with maternity in the state.

Husband 25, wife 25, 1 kid and needs maternity in MD:

Aetna PPO 30: $469 - $5,000 OOP for maternity

Blue Choice: $558 - $3,600 OOP + $700 hospital fee

Assurant Max Plan w/$2,500 maternity ded: $403 w/copay $331 w/o copy. $2,500 OOP

So not only is it the cheapest but it's the least liability. Assurant kills 'em. I can also give them a $5,000 maternity deductible to almost match the OOP of Aetna and Blue Cross and it's $240 without a copay and $313 with. And now you see why it's all about Assurant in my state.

Husband 25, wife 25, 1 kid and needs maternity in MD:

Aetna PPO 30: $469 - $5,000 OOP for maternity

Blue Choice: $558 - $3,600 OOP + $700 hospital fee

Assurant Max Plan w/$2,500 maternity ded: $403 w/copay $331 w/o copy. $2,500 OOP

So not only is it the cheapest but it's the least liability. Assurant kills 'em. I can also give them a $5,000 maternity deductible to almost match the OOP of Aetna and Blue Cross and it's $240 without a copay and $313 with. And now you see why it's all about Assurant in my state.

Nice!! Maternity has been a killer for me here in TX.

Back