Please Help. Need Advice

Aliken

Hi! I have been working for an insurance agency for the last four years going on five. I basically do eveything the agent does under his license. I prospect, quote, get the docs signed, collect the money, retention and client management. I do all this remotely from my home. The agency is in CA and I live in WA. They have made promise after promise of helping and paying for me to get licensed and am tired of it. I am currently in online classes to get licensed and paying for it myself, however they do not want to promote me to an agent even though I am the top seller out of all the actual agents that actually work in that office. They do sell in my state too fyi. I imagine that part of it is that the agent realizes that if I become my own agent he won't make all the money he does off the sales i bring him under his license. Right now we only do property/casualty but I am getting my license in all lines. Is there any company that will hire remote agents or hire while you are working to get license if you have experience? I appreciate any help.

The best thing for you to do is wait a few weeks until you have a license. Then go looking for work. There is plenty of opportunity out there. If you are half as good as you say you are, then you should do fine.

If you go looking BEFORE you get your license, you will be shooting yourself in the foot, and will have less opportunity.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to hear than an agent may have lied to you. Lol. Happens all the time. Agree with the other post about you getting the license. But what i would do is not tell them and begin looking. I am sick and tired of hearing stories like yours. Good luck.

Hi! I have been working for an insurance agency for the last four years going on five. I basically do eveything the agent does under his license. I prospect, quote, get the docs signed, collect the money, retention and client management. I do all this remotely from my home. The agency is in CA and I live in WA. They have made promise after promise of helping and paying for me to get licensed and am tired of it. I am currently in online classes to get licensed and paying for it myself, however they do not want to promote me to an agent even though I am the top seller out of all the actual agents that actually work in that office. They do sell in my state too fyi. I imagine that part of it is that the agent realizes that if I become my own agent he won't make all the money he does off the sales i bring him under his license. Right now we only do property/casualty but I am getting my license in all lines. Is there any company that will hire remote agents or hire while you are working to get license if you have experience? I appreciate any help.

The first thing that jumps out at me is with you doing these things without being licensed. I'm not sure about P&C, but I know for a fact this would be illegal to do with Life or Med Supps.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to hear than an agent may have lied to you. Lol. Happens all the time. Agree with the other post about you getting the license. But what i would do is not tell them and begin looking. I am sick and tired of hearing stories like yours. Good luck.

Lol I appreciate it and I know this must happen more often than not. Do any of you have any suggestions where to begin looking? I would rather stay as a remote agent. I live in a small town in WA so there is not many oportunities here in an insurance office. Ideally I need a larger company that I can work for from home even if they are not located here but sells insurance in the state.
I am not sure how hard it is to become my own brokerage and get appointed but from reading various threads on here doesn't sound like it's the best thing to do as a newly licensed agent.

The first thing that jumps out at me is with you doing these things without being licensed. I'm not sure about P&C, but I know for a fact this would be illegal to do with Life or Med Supps.

It's also illegal with P&C in every state. You can bet on that.

----------

Hi! I have been working for an insurance agency for the last four years going on five. I basically do eveything the agent does under his license. I prospect, quote, get the docs signed, collect the money, retention and client management. I do all this remotely from my home. The agency is in CA and I live in WA. They have made promise after promise of helping and paying for me to get licensed and am tired of it.

You've just learned the most important lesson you will ever learn about working for a living.

NEVER believe ANYTHING an employer tells you or promises you about what he will do for you in the future.

Approach any employment opportunity with that caveat and you'll do fine.

I am reading through the responses here, and everyone else is making very good points as well.

----------

Lol I appreciate it and I know this must happen more often than not. Do any of you have any suggestions where to begin looking? I would rather stay as a remote agent. I live in a small town in WA so there is not many oportunities here in an insurance office. Ideally I need a larger company that I can work for from home even if they are not located here but sells insurance in the state.
I am not sure how hard it is to become my own brokerage and get appointed but from reading various threads on here doesn't sound like it's the best thing to do as a newly licensed agent.

You said in your posts that you do a lot of remote prospecting and are the top seller in the organization. You should be able to use those same skills to contact agencies one by one, qualify them, sell them on your skills, and get yourself a remote job. That's exactly what I did, but without the remote part. Start doing homework on insurance agencies, where they sell, where they are license, etc.

Back