Please rate my script

I agree, ditch the canned crap, don't try so hard, just engage in conversation, you don't want to sound telemarketer like in any way, you want to sound like a pro calling.

Think about how people have called you to sell you something and you hung up the phone saying, "they really suck at what they're doing!" And do the opposite of that.

Ditch the scripts......btw...

I think most people understand that they need to be conversational. I also think most people understand that a script is an opening, not a full conversation.

A repeatable opening is a good thing. Don't call it a script if you don't want to, but it's still a script.

My advice is to make sure you know what your objective is, and push on that. You want to make an appointment, you want to sell something now, you want to send info, whatever it is, know what it is, and be clear.

Also, don't be pushy. A guy called me this week, I was going to do business with him, decent amount of $$$, but he pushed a bit to much. It was about his need to close the business, not about my need to have his services.

Make sure you know how you add value to your prospect. Be able to say this in 30 seconds. Be honest. This is after you get into the conversation, not an opening, but it helps answer the question of why should they spend any time talking to you.

Dan

I think most people understand that they need to be conversational. I also think most people understand that a script is an opening, not a full conversation.

A repeatable opening is a good thing. Don't call it a script if you don't want to, but it's still a script.

My advice is to make sure you know what your objective is, and push on that. You want to make an appointment, you want to sell something now, you want to send info, whatever it is, know what it is, and be clear.

Also, don't be pushy. A guy called me this week, I was going to do business with him, decent amount of $$$, but he pushed a bit to much. It was about his need to close the business, not about my need to have his services.

Make sure you know how you add value to your prospect. Be able to say this in 30 seconds. Be honest. This is after you get into the conversation, not an opening, but it helps answer the question of why should they spend any time talking to you.

Dan

great post:

You should know what you're doing via notes or script or it's a hit or miss mentality. Also, commitment Objective, engage in dialogue, not monologue, you can ask for the sale but don't push the sale away.

Very good sir!

Back