Power Dialer

What's the difference between a power dialer and an auto dialer, I don't know, I just use the language that the vendor used.

Auto-Dialer: Calls businesses or residences with a pre-recorded message.
Power-Dialer: Just like any other cold call, you just punch a button on the computer to dial instead of doing it by hand.

I use the second of the two. No reinventing of the wheel.

I used the auto-dialer for about 6 months some years ago when it was still legal to call residences for life insurance. Well, I'll tell you I received some of the most abusive responses one can imagine. The tame stuff was names like Mickey Mouse, but the obscenities were something else again. I got very few viable leads from it.:cry:

I had the same experience, probably in about the same time frame. Some people got real creative with the names. LOL

There just ain't any shortcuts. Selling insurance is work, always has been, always will be for those who don't want to sit on the porch.

I worked briefly for a company selling term life over the phone and they used a contact system called goldminer or something like that and had a power dialer system that we could use, I have to say though I didn't like it to much, it would hang up after x amount of seconds and sometimes it would hang up on people right when they answer and then you have to call back and explain it. Not sure if that could have been adjusted or fixed but wanted to add my experience with a powerdialer. For me I can dial the numbers.

Power Dialer? you want a predictive dialer not something that just drops calls like crazy. I just found these guys: YTel ...seems pretty cool. just a tech nerd... that likes to help out the community... don't get all crazy!

Last edited:
A lot of agents that I know are using Predictive dialers right now with good results. It really depends on the agent and their phone skills...

Back