Power Dialer

Simplicity mower is the way to go, plus more suburban in nature.

I wasn't looking for something "suburban", I don't live in the suburbs. I live in "farm country". John Deere has a proven track record and in my opinion the best made tractor available. Besides, I like green. LOL

Is there a special status with owning a Simplicity mower in the burbs that I am missing?

Real men drive a Deere. :D:D

"Do you have to use a headset plugged into your computer and use the computer to dial the numbers or can you use a standard plantronics headset?"

I use the standard headset it came with.

I think we mostly agree, we just have different opinions of whether the software speeds up the process or not. All I can say is that for me it has, but maybe it wouldn't in your case. I think our business and prospecting philosophies are more alike than different.

"I'm sure I make less phone calls than you, mainly because I try to engage them all in conversation."

That's my philosophy too. It doesn't matter what the script is, it's just imporant to start a conversation. I see all my prospects face to face, therefore, I don't think anyone wins if I quickly try to shove an appointment down someone's throat without understanding a little about their situation. I don't rush during the call, I just try to waste as little time as possible between calls. I work the small business market, both group and major medical, so I find that I only reach about 20% of those that I call, therefore I need to waste as little time as possible between dials.

"I recycle all of my leads. Just because they say they aren't interested today, doesn't mean that they won't be "tomorrow". I sell a lot of insurance to people I originally contacted in the past."

I recycle all my leads also. I have a number of clients who told me know my first year in the business and I ended up meeting with them in year two or three. My largest group client gave me a strong "NO!" on the phone and two weeks later, not realizing it at the time, I stopped in to introduce myself while I was in the neighborhood and the guy was as nice as can be. I've had it work in reverse also, stopping in and being told no, but calling a year later and booking a meeting. Timing is a huge factor out of our control.

Frank-

I'm fine with it if you disagree, however, it does speed up the process for me. As far as who can dial faster, me or the dialer, it's about the same. The advantage the program has is I just click "get next record" and the next contact is up, then I hit "dial", and make the call. The call ends, I click one of 8 buttons to record the result, "Not interested, voicemail, not available, ect." and then click "get next record." In a two hour time frame, it would suprise you how much time is used to look at the list, punch the number, and write down the result. I have been cold calling often for two years now the old fashioned way and I'm much more productive now with the power dialer. The other side is the added convience you talk about, I hate spending three hours punching buttons and it's much more enjoyable not having to do that now. Take it or leave it, the $300 was worth it to me for the "toy."

It's a great system because it speeds up process. BTW Delta, are you calling residential or business for your data?

I think we mostly agree, we just have different opinions of whether the software speeds up the process or not. All I can say is that for me it has, but maybe it wouldn't in your case. I think our business and prospecting philosophies are more alike than different.

"I'm sure I make less phone calls than you, mainly because I try to engage them all in conversation."

That's my philosophy too. It doesn't matter what the script is, it's just imporant to start a conversation. I see all my prospects face to face, therefore, I don't think anyone wins if I quickly try to shove an appointment down someone's throat without understanding a little about their situation. I don't rush during the call, I just try to waste as little time as possible between calls. I work the small business market, both group and major medical, so I find that I only reach about 20% of those that I call, therefore I need to waste as little time as possible between dials.

"I recycle all of my leads. Just because they say they aren't interested today, doesn't mean that they won't be "tomorrow". I sell a lot of insurance to people I originally contacted in the past."

I recycle all my leads also. I have a number of clients who told me know my first year in the business and I ended up meeting with them in year two or three. My largest group client gave me a strong "NO!" on the phone and two weeks later, not realizing it at the time, I stopped in to introduce myself while I was in the neighborhood and the guy was as nice as can be. I've had it work in reverse also, stopping in and being told no, but calling a year later and booking a meeting. Timing is a huge factor out of our control.

I totally understand. The thread started out saying something about an auto dialer (power dialer) will enable an agent to make substantially more calls. I just don't think it would be that much of an advantage to me because it doesn't make dialing the number that much faster for me.

I have enjoyed discussing it with you though. You sound like you sell the way I do.

I've been meaning to ask this since the thread started. When did an auto dial system that has been around for ever all of a sudden become a "Power Dialer"? Is that like a "Power Lunch"? I don't do those either. :D

Are the dialers that call and leave messages/ pre-recorded greeting legal for selling insurance? It seems to me somebody told me the were not... However, I am not sure if that person had a clue what he was talking about.

I could see where that may help in cultivating leads for Medicare Supplements????

Seems Insurance folks are always trying to reinvent the wheel...

Last edited:
Auto-dialers that leave messages are legal for calling businesses as long as they don't tie up more than one line. They are illegal for all residential calls.

Are the dialers that call and leave messages/ pre-recorded greeting legal for selling insurance? It seems to me somebody told me the were not... However, I am not sure if that person had a clue what he was talking about.

I could see where that may help in cultivating leads for Medicare Supplements????

Seems Insurance folks are always trying to reinvent the wheel...

Stick with regular telemarketing because it's more effective than auto-dialing..

I used the auto-dialer for about 6 months some years ago when it was still legal to call residences for life insurance. Well, I'll tell you I received some of the most abusive responses one can imagine. The tame stuff was names like Mickey Mouse, but the obscenities were something else again. I got very few viable leads from it.:cry:

Back