Precise Leads

Or you can save some time by reading past threads, Also maybe look for quality leads rather then who will give you what for free. Remember the leads you dont like are the ones that were just looking for something for free and that was the only reason they even requested in the first place right?

Try Quote Wizard & Bankrate [BRate owns these brands: Netquote, InsureMe, InsWeb/Agent Insider] & you'll have tried all the main companies.

My take is: it takes very good processes to make internet leads work. It requires attention to detail & the ability to keep trying different ideas: emails, voicemail messages, time to call, etc., until one figures it out.

One of the hurdles you have to overcome is you are now an IA, so you have no brand identity. Easier to call/LMess: This is Bob from Allstate vs. Bob from ABC Agency. Instant credibility vs have to build your credibility. Drip email campaigns help here with a link to your website. + then one needs a good website to explain what/how they do what they do. Something more than a Facebook page.

Lastly: bogus leads are a fact of life. We call them drunken leads....as we have no idea why they want to waste their/the agents time. Our returns are tracked by several of the major captive carriers as well as we track returns internally. On average we have less than 20% returned/bogus leads. I wish it was better but that is a fact. Back when we started in 2004 it was never above 10%....but times have changed. Return bogus leads for credit & go on to the next lead is the best advice I can give anyone. No need to let the bad leads ruin your day...just call the next lead.

Okay, I admit, my advice & a buck won't buy you a cup of coffee these days...but I do know a thing or two about leads. :idea:

it takes very good processes to make internet leads work.

Lastly: bogus leads are a fact of life. We call them drunken leads...... Our returns are tracked by several of the major captive carriers ... On average we have less than 20% returned/bogus leads.......but times have changed. Return bogus leads for credit & go on to the next lead is the best advice I can give anyone.

No need to let the bad leads ruin your day...just call the next lead.

Now I know I run the risk here of a further background check by Bob here but it's ok. I'll take one for the insurance team.

I guess Quality Control isn't a subject that comes up to often with these lead providers.

A search will show that others like me have returned well over 60% of hometownquotes home town quotes htq. (search)

I guess it's easier (and more profitable) to shame & pass blame on to the new agents process as opposed to excepting blame. It's when a seasoned veteran like me gets a hold of these leads that the truth comes out, (along with the hate spewing supporters/affiliates/lead testers) I'm sure Renfield will be chiming in here any moment.

Zappman,
I know you like talking about me but seriously...
Your paradigm is so narrow that you should quit trying internet leads from anybody and instead, find something you are good at & do it. Quit tilting at windmills!

For whatever reasons, of the thousands of agents that are successful working leads, most don't spend time on forum's posting about how successful they are, they are too busy running their agencies. I'll give you an Allstate agent that kills it with internet leads: David Williams in NY. He is written up in a white paper on Velocify's website. Why don't you look him up & ask for advice? Perhaps he'll talk to an x-Allstate agent??? But yes...on ABB & other forums, according to the "experts," David must be doing something illegal...because he's successful with leads & the agents casting stones at him, aren't.

Or check out this webinar I did with Ryan McClintock, Co-Founder and CEO of Kanopy Insurance in Los Angeles. Agent only sells insurance via internet leads & writes over 200 auto/month & we're his favorite vendor. You're right Zapp...internet leads don't work. Unfortunately I can't list the thousands of successful agents buying leads as most want to stay anonymous. All the captive companies allow their agents to use co-op money on internet leads because leads suck & we "prey" on newbie agents...as you say....but that is not the truth.

Also:we spend 10's of thousands of $$ month on tools to verify lead quality. It amazes me when I have leads come in from my sites with names like: Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. & No, we don't sell these leads to agents. But I get "Drunken leads" on my own sites all day long & it amazes me! What kinds of lives do these folks have that fill out our forms with bogus info?

This industry would't be as huge as it is if we made a living preying on newbie agents & the carriers wouldn't stand for it.

I predict that you will not find a lead company that works for you and highly encourage you to use your marketing dollars somewhere else that is more productive for you. Perhaps try direct mail, x-dating, yellow page ads or even door to door...because I don't believe you will ever find a "good" internet lead company...not with your paradigm. So please, do yourself a favor & invest in something you are good at.

Seriously, I'm trying to give you good advice. Why waste your time & money on internet leads? You have already "proven" that we're a waste of your time. So move on.

Zappman,
I know you like talking about me but seriously....

...on ABB & other forums, according to the "experts," David must be doing something illegal.....
... leads come in from my sites with names like: Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. & No, we don't sell these leads to agents.

... So move on.

This is a PreciseLeads thread right? Ok, thanks, just checking. Being a customer I think I have the right to post here. I feel compelled to tell folks what you are capable of when backed into a corner if that what you mean.

Does D. Williams buy HTQ Leads?

That's good of you not to sell the 100% Bogus leads, why even mention it?

This is a PreciseLeads thread right? Ok, thanks, just checking. Being a customer I think I have the right to post here. I feel compelled to tell folks what you are capable of when backed into a corner if that what you mean.

Does D. Williams buy HTQ Leads?

That's good of you not to sell the 100% Bogus leads, why even mention it?

Have you thought about getting a theme song?

Years ago Precise leads tried to get me to buy their long term care insurance leads. So, i made them an offer since I know what a good LTC lead is. I told them to send me 10 random leads and if their leads were good I would buy every single LTC lead they could produce in all 50 states. Well, the morons at precise leads insisted upon selling me leads to determine if I liked them. I passed. Told me everything I needed to know. They knew their leads sucked.

Years ago Precise leads tried to get me to buy their long term care insurance leads. So, i made them an offer since I know what a good LTC lead is. I told them to send me 10 random leads and if their leads were good I would buy every single LTC lead they could produce in all 50 states. Well, the morons at precise leads insisted upon selling me leads to determine if I liked them. I passed. Told me everything I needed to know. They knew their leads sucked.

Can you honestly say that you can judge a company off of a 10 lead campaign? I've done this before, but not in hopes of actually writing. I just wanted to know that at least 5 or 6 of them would have a conversation with me about their policy, and that the company wasn't a scam and would actually provide leads.

Can you honestly say that you can judge a company off of a 10 lead campaign? I've done this before, but not in hopes of actually writing. I just wanted to know that at least 5 or 6 of them would have a conversation with me about their policy, and that the company wasn't a scam and would actually provide leads.

I can postively judge LTC leads off of a small sample size of 10 leads. I could even make a judgement call off of 5 leads. I know what very good LTC leads are. And the leads are either good leads or they are not.

Last edited:

So if I asked you to give me a free LTC policy would you do it? Obliviously you don't know how the company works, so you can't judge on something you haven't done business with.

Latest posts

Back