Pretty righteous of UHC

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
This just in--

Advance commission payments for agents impacted by Hurricane Helene​

UnitedHealthcare is committed to supporting our agents, especially during difficult times. We know catastrophic events like the recent hurricane in your community can cause financial hardship and we’d like to help relieve the burden. As an agent in an affected county in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or Virginia we’d like to offer you the option to receive your remaining 2024 monthly renewal payments immediately, in one lump sum.

Centene/WellCare would be like "We are committed to not supporting agents at every opportunity, because we're a bunch of evil sociopaths that love stealing money. We know catastrophic events like the recent hurricane in your community can cause a financial hardship and we'd like to help make this burden as big as possible for you. As an agent in an affected county in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or Virginia we'd like to inform you that we're gonna go ahead and get a head start on stealing your money from next year....."

Nice to see a company that cares, that isn't stealing our hard-earned money.

Centene/WellCare would be like "We are committed to not supporting agents at every opportunity, because we're a bunch of evil sociopaths that love stealing money. We know catastrophic events like the recent hurricane in your community can cause a financial hardship and we'd like to help make this burden as big as possible for you. As an agent in an affected county in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or Virginia we'd like to inform you that we're gonna go ahead and get a head start on stealing your money from next year....."

They are the worst company. Well said!

My new thing is to reply to every rep's email and just ask him/her if they've reversed their PDP Comp decision yet.

The most recent one got snarky and said

"Thanks for your input.
Have a great day and good luck this AEP."

There was no input. I asked a question... And he didn't answer the question.

Lets not forget that they still do background checks as often as possible, looking for any reason to term your contract and keep those renewals.

They are a great company in many ways, but they still can be shady. It wasn’t too long ago they didn’t have an agent of record pledge. We know their call centers still have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Lets not forget that they still do background checks as often as possible, looking for any reason to term your contract and keep those renewals.

They are a great company in many ways, but they still can be shady. It wasn’t too long ago they didn’t have an agent of record pledge. We know their call centers still have a few tricks up their sleeves.
This is true. I'm also not fond of the sneaky ass emails they sometimes sneak through that you need to click and sign. I think they're updated agreements. If you don't sign in time, they keep your renewals. Granted, there's a few months given to sign them, but still. Not fond of business practices like that at all. No reason they can't just have that built into the yearly recertification. Emails are very easy to get filtered out and just miss. I also think they have a 1 policy per year quota. Equally not fond of that business practice. Maybe they did away with it, but I know it was in force in 2018, because my contract got cancelled because I didn't write any of their policies that year.

This is true. I'm also not fond of the sneaky ass emails they sometimes sneak through that you need to click and sign. I think they're updated agreements. If you don't sign in time, they keep your renewals. Granted, there's a few months given to sign them, but still. Not fond of business practices like that at all. No reason they can't just have that built into the yearly recertification. Emails are very easy to get filtered out and just miss. I also think they have a 1 policy per year quota. Equally not fond of that business practice. Maybe they did away with it, but I know it was in force in 2018, because my contract got cancelled because I didn't write any of their policies that year.
What sneaky emails to click . I don’t recall any of those . When was the last one ?

What sneaky emails to click . I don’t recall any of those . When was the last one ?
A few months ago. It was an attestation of some sort. They sent it out a few times and I missed the first few, thinking it was junk mail and just happened to catch the last one, with pretty threatening language. That if it was not signed, my renewals would not be paid anymore. No other carrier does this. They should just group it in with the annual training process.

Back