Prospecting/ My 20 Point Day System

P.S Rob's videos are very good. He teaches honesty, motivation, sales techniques, what to say and what not to say, and when to say it. He teaches dealing with and overcoming objections, presenting the product, how to think on your feet and and overcoming fear with product knowledge.

These are the similarities that I am talking about. You have to have these things to be successful in sales. BOTTOM LINE!!! PERIOD!!

Last edited:
LET"S GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER"S QUESTIONS. THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT ME!! and I am sure he could care less about me, and I understand 100%.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Missing posts?

Not sure what you mean?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Missing posts?

If you are wondering why the post are missing, look under "Medicare potential" and they would have been moved there.

Last edited:
"Meeting the decision maker face to face = 3 points"

In today's enviornment (depending on the product)...that step is not needed.

What if you call the lead (or cold call). Immediately quote them and write an app over the phone. How many points?

Would it be more points if you you set up a another call to write the app? This why I think you hit more of the steps.

Dude....there is no way I can read every single post on this board.....I try but totally impossible....but if you report a post ....I get an email....and I take a look....and make a decision.....from spam to flame....

That is great...Now we will see if you mean what you say.....

Thanks Dwayne, much appreciated.

PS: I started in sales selling vacuum cleaners, at 18 years old with my Dad and have had success in whatever sales position I had because it is a system, a set of skills.

P.S Rob's videos are very good. He teaches honesty, motivation, sales techniques, what to say and what not to say, and when to say it. He teaches dealing with and overcoming objections, presenting the product, how to think on your feet and and overcoming fear with product knowledge.

These are the similarities that I am talking about. You have to have these things to be successful in sales. BOTTOM LINE!!! PERIOD!!

This system does not really seem like you would get that much done... You sell two policies and take the rest of the day off?

Most days involve selling atleast 1 policy on average.

We need a Prospecting or Sales place to post stuff like this.

This is all I ever do everyday I work. I never buy leads and I do just fine. I thought this may help some of you guys. So here it is for free, enjoy.

My 20 Point Day System
How to get points and what the action is worth

1. Making a phone call and asking the person you were trying to call for an appointment. 1 Point

2. Getting any appointment. 2 Points

3. Getting a Qualified Lead a Qualified Lead means you have full name, address, and phone number. 1 Point

4. Doing a fact finder. 2 Points if you get the 2nd appointment for the sales call. 4 Points

5. Doing a face to face sales call, with the amount of premium and face amount known to prospect. 4 Points

6. Making any sale. 10 Points

7. Cold walking and giving the 5 ways and asking for the appointment.
1 Point

8. Giving a "Free Quote" to anyone face to face. 1 Point

9. Going to meeting with any group where you are trying to get prospects. 1 Point

10. Having any meal or coffee with any prospect. 1 Point

11. Meeting with any client to review insurance, and see if the need has changed. 2 Points

12. Mailing out 10 letters, putting out 10 fliers, or handing out 10 cards.
1 Point

13. Getting a call or any reply from letters, cards or fliers you gave, mailed or handed out. 2 Points

14. Showing anyone the kind of work you do. 1 Point

15. Adding and any kind of rider or buy up to any insurance policy already in force. 1 Point

You must make 20 Points per day everyday. It does not matter how you get the 20 points, but you must get 20 Points.

Example 1: You go cold walking, you meet Mr. Big. You give Five Ways Approach to Mr. Big and asking for time to see him. 1 Point Then you set up to see him next Wed at 4:00 P.M. 2 Points. Now you have earned 3 Points from Mr. Big all at the same time.

Example 2: You are putting out 100 fliers. 10 Points While you are putting them out, you talk to prospect and show them the kind of work you do. 1 Point Then you set time to go meet with prospect. 2 Points You have earned 14 Points from that one action taken.

Example 3: You call John Smith on the phone, and talk to him. Then you ask for an appointment. 1 Point You set the appointment for next Tue at 7:00 P.M. 2 Points. Now you have earned 3 Points from John Smith all at the same time.

This post is in reply to #7 telling you to give " The 5 Ways " It may be handy to know what " The 5 Ways " is.

Five Ways Approach

By: Burt Misel, CLU, ChFC

Atlas: Hello, my name is Atlas. Are you the owner?

Mrs. Gatekeeper: No, he is busy, what is this regarding?

Atlas: I'm Atlas and I don't have an appointment, I was just stopping by to introduce myself before my next appointment. {Hand Card}

Atlas: Can you do me a favor?

Mrs. Gatekeeper: Yes

Atlas: Would you go ask Mr. Big if he could spare 30 seconds so I can introduce myself? OR

Mr. Big: Yes

Atlas: Great, I help business owners maximize their profit, would you have any objection to us meeting so I can show you the kind of work I do?

Mr Big: Yes/No -->

Atlas: Great how about ___ at __AM? OR

Mr. Big: What do you do?

Atlas: Mr Big, you're in business today. One day, you will be out of business, one of five ways:
1)Death
2)Disability
3)Retirement
4)Voluntary Sale
5)Bankruptcy

What I do is make sure that no matter how you get out of business, you get out with maximum profit.
With that in mind, can we meet?

Mr. Big: Yes Offer two times and dates for the appointment.

Mr: Big: No Well that is fine Mr. Big, however things do always have a way of changing. With that in mind do you mind if I stay in touch with you?

32zuckx.jpg

Since old threads are being bumped. At the time, some of the health guys were jumping into the life threads for the seeming purpose of driving them from the forum. They were successful. James and Atlas have left the building.

Back