Purpose and Function of a Deductible in an insurance policy ?? (Senior Ins (health) forum)

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
Hello.

I am a consumer, Medicare Beneficiary, and Insurance Forums member.

I would like some comments about the function and purpose of a Deductible in an insurance policy.

I am looking for general conceptual information about Deductibles, why they are in a policy and whether (and why) the poster considers a deductible to be an appropriate or inappropriate feature of an insurance policy.

I would welcome those general conceptual comments from both Health and P&C agents.

(I have started this thread in both sub forums to improve my chances of seeing responses from both groups of agents.)

Thank you.
LD

cross reference
Thread in P&C forum
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...f-a-deductible-in-an-insurance-policy.109975/

Hello.

I am a consumer, Medicare Beneficiary, and Insurance Forums member.

I would like some comments about the function and purpose of a Deductible in an insurance policy.

I am looking for general conceptual information about Deductibles, why they are in a policy and whether (and why) the poster considers a deductible to be an appropriate or inappropriate feature of an insurance policy.

I would welcome those general conceptual comments from both Health and P&C agents.

(I have started this thread in both sub forums to improve my chances of seeing responses from both groups of agents.)

Thank you.
LD

cross reference
Thread in P&C forum
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...f-a-deductible-in-an-insurance-policy.109975/
A deductible is a type of cost scaring to keep the premium lower.

A deductible is a type of cost scaring to keep the premium lower.

Now this needs a correction, but I see two options, don't know which is correct.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A deductible is a type of cost sHaring to keep the premium lower.

or

A deductible is a type of cost sCaring to keep the policy utilization lower.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:laugh:

Back