AARP launching high deductible plan G

I sell one or two a year with Humana. Usually to engineers
Gotta love engineers. They are not afraid of risk/reward calculations. Easier to convince to have HSA's prior to age 65, too. HDG isn't going to make me rich, but it's a good tool to have in some situations.
Just wrote a Plan N with Humana on the updated app on Enrollment Hub, very quick, accurate. Gave the household discount in real time (there was a thing a few months ago where that only showed on the legacy enrollment system.) Will check out HDG if it comes up. UA's rates are not as competitive as a couple years ago. I have 2 of those and one other with Aetna, I think, and one long standing HDF with Humana.
Would be swell if HDG shows up as an option in my state, Virginia, with UHC and can be a downgrade with a phone call. Had an F switch to an N and a K change up to an N, not many switches but it's a cool option. The F was considering switching to an MAPD, until the option for Plan N was suggested.

Last edited:
I don't think so?
Not really sure what UHICA actually is though. This is being presented under the AARP banner
UHICA as I understand it is available to agents with 150 or more medsupps in force or write X # of medsupps in a year. 50? I can't recall and I can't remember the status level. They have silver which isn't quite there, so it must be called gold.

UHICA is a new UHC company also with aarp. They offer 2 med supps in AZ. UHC attained age with gym, and uhica with issue age and no gym. I didn't realize u had to have min production to sell. Was already at top level.

2024 Arizona rate information is now available for AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans insured by UnitedHealthcare® Insurance Company (UHIC) and AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, insured by UnitedHealthcare® Insurance Company of America (UHICA).

I dont see America in the email

Back