AARP launching high deductible plan G

Imagine paying a ton of money every month for the "privilege" of then paying a ton of money when you need services. No thank you.

I just remembered I had an email recently from an FMO advertising UA, this is what it says about their commissions for the HDG product:

"We are currently offering an 18% Lifetime Commission to any of our agents who write United American Medicare Supplement Policies. United American pays LIFETIME level commissions on their Med-Supps (18%) and LIFETIME renewals on their ancillary products which are vested day one, dollar one!"

not sure what their HDG is priced at, but I looked it up in S&S, which is not super accurate, but i reckon it gets us in the ballpark, it says its $52/mo.
so you'd be looking at $113, level in perpetuity. thats better than UHC

This is how EVERY supplement should be. Some of these companies are paying 1% by year 7, and then absolutely nothing after that. I mean, sh*t, you might as well just keep the change. $1.70 doesn't really go that far in this economy. I would never write companies like I just described. These companies forget, in most cases, this is business you never would have even obtained if it wasn't for us. Progressively reduced commissions by year should not even be "a thing."

Last edited:

The rates for UHC high deductible G in Florida and other states are out now for June 1st effective and are very competitive for Florida anyway. Female age 65 44.90 ( UA 55.00) and Male Age 65 61.34 ( UA 64.00) before any discounts .They will be giving United American which was the lowest rate in Fl as of now a run for their money for this market .

Anybody now for sure yet if UHC is paying us if we switch a current UHC member that we are AOR of to high G. I have a boatload of UHC med suppies past the 6 year renewal payout .I looked at the change form that is used to change plans and it doesn't mention high G but maybe they just haven't updated it yet

The rates for UHC high deductible G in Florida and other states are out now for June 1st effective and are very competitive for Florida anyway. Female age 65 44.90 ( UA 55.00) and Male Age 65 61.34 ( UA 64.00) before any discounts .They will be giving United American which was the lowest rate in Fl as of now a run for their money for this market .

Anybody now for sure yet if UHC is paying us if we switch a current UHC member that we are AOR of to high G. I have a boatload of UHC med suppies past the 6 year renewal payout .I looked at the change form that is used to change plans and it doesn't mention high G but maybe they just haven't updated it yet
I'm in the same boat with lots aging out. Problem is UHC is paying 80 cents a month at yr 7 on hdg vs UA HDG pays lifelong level commission of about $8 month. I doubt UHC will pay new commish

Back