Question about Act

SME

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arizona
For those of you that use Act. Do you know how to import client information? I have contacts currently in Norvax and want to put them in Act but don't want to do it manually.

You have to import the data via a CSV or similar excel spreadsheet file. Go to the help section in ACT for specific directions for each type of file.

-J.R.

All versions of ACT allow easy importing but the versions up through ACT 6.0 are completely different from 7.0 (AKA ACT 2005) and above.

Believe it or not, ACT 6.0 (2004) is by far the best version of ACT there ever was if you are using it as a single user. If you are networking then you may as well get the 2007 version but expect v e r y s l o w performance.

All versions of ACT allow easy importing but the versions up through ACT 6.0 are completely different from 7.0 (AKA ACT 2005) and above.

Believe it or not, ACT 6.0 (2004) is by far the best version of ACT there ever was if you are using it as a single user. If you are networking then you may as well get the 2007 version but expect v e r y s l o w performance.

I'm using ACT 2006 version and so far I'm loving it. Someone on this forum was nice enough to post a website selling this version for $30. Great deal and I like being able to customize all the fields if I want plus lookup birthdays and etc. How can you go wrong for 30 bucks... so far no down side.

Al

At $30 it's quite a bargin and still an OK program. But the older versions did everything you needed and much faster. For instance if you just want to print a quick envelope for the contact on the screen with the old version you click one button and it's done. The newer ones you have to go through 5-screens and give-up 8-minutes of your life to get the same envelope.

There were some great add-ons for the old versions that didn't make it to the new one also. For the old version there was a GREAT automation program (ACTION for ACT) for $199. The new one you need to spend $1,299 for (ACTIVATOR) to get one that operates properly.

Back