Quoting on a Tablet?

robb01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I do P&C sales, and was wondering how easy it would be to quote on a tablet, i.e. iPad 2, Blackberry Playbook, or Android platform. Even quoting on some of our carriers sites, we have issues w/ Adobe and IE, so I didn't know if it would be totally feasible to quote "in the field", away from the office.

Looking for firsthand experiences from tablet owners.

Thanks

Auto/Home, maybe a rare commercial auto policy

I think the obvious answer is why not? If you have the ability to quote and bind on the spot why wouldn't you? I have an iPad but my primary carrier is lightyears behind the curve on technology or I sure as he11 would do it.

I was considering the same thing and I asked my brother in law who works for AT&T about it. It would be seamless with online platforms like Progressive's

Fuzz I know Erie's system is not online yet but for like $10 a month your tablet can access your primary computer so you could use DSPro as long as your computer was logged in.

I was really curious if most carriers online quoting systems were compatible; I know quite a few are somewhat behind the times. I don't own a tablet yet, but have a laptop that could do the quotes, but the tablet def. has that coolness factor

I was considering the same thing and I asked my brother in law who works for AT&T about it. It would be seamless with online platforms like Progressive's

Fuzz I know Erie's system is not online yet but for like $10 a month your tablet can access your primary computer so you could use DSPro as long as your computer was logged in.

Yeah, I have a laptop set up that way...I just wish they would get web based already.

The laptop/tablet combos like the Latitude XT2 Tablet PC or the Inspiron Duo could be another option as well. You'd get the best of both worlds.

I do P&C sales, and was wondering how easy it would be to quote on a tablet, i.e. iPad 2, Blackberry Playbook, or Android platform. Even quoting on some of our carriers sites, we have issues w/ Adobe and IE, so I didn't know if it would be totally feasible to quote "in the field", away from the office.

Looking for firsthand experiences from tablet owners.

Thanks

I picked up a Asus Transformer last week and plan to use it in the field. It plays nice with flash and you can use the LogMeIn Ignition app from the Android Market to remote into your computer at home if you're in the field. Pretty sweet.

Back