Rate comparison, Lincoln Heritage and Senior Life

It should be clear by now that with companies dropping out and others starting to underwrite, that adverse selection changed the ballgame big time. Is it really FE (ez issue) anymore? Yet captive outfits like SL and LH just keep humming along.:idea:
My point? There's a good chance you'll be with them someday, or selling windows.:yes:
So all you guys that were oh so smart exploiting underwriting niches? Well, you fucked it all up. Good job!:skeptical:

It should be clear by now that with companies dropping out and others starting to underwrite, that adverse selection changed the ballgame big time. Is it really FE (ez issue) anymore? Yet captive outfits like SL and LH just keep humming along.:idea:
My point? There's a good chance you'll be with them someday, or selling windows.:yes:
So all you guys that were oh so smart exploiting underwriting niches? Well, you fucked it all up. Good job!:skeptical:
If a company is competitive all around (to the agent and client), they will get more than just the UW niches. If that's all they get, it's due to their business model.

If a company is competitive all around (to the agent and client), they will get more than just the UW niches. If that's all they get, it's due to their business model.

I agree. A lot of FE carriers are being run by bean counters, accountants, and lawyers. Most of those companies when you call the home office no one has sold anything.

With SL the CEO, President, Vice-President, Regional Vice-Presidents, some of the underwriters, some of the recruiting dept. have experience selling FE...both field and tele-sales.

As agents slowly start migrating to SL the next few yearsI believe the process will slowly speed up each year. Other FE carriers will slowly exit the business for various reasons but probably mainly because they can't find/keep agents writing for them.

After all, agents go where there is least resistance.....lead financing, TV leads just minutes old, fresh exclusive DM leads being generated by the home office so agents don't have to gamble on the return nor have to worry about their manager cherry picking their leads before they get them, group health, disability, cancer, and more.

If anyone wants more of these details call me and I'll share them with you.

Remember, SL is not captive. But loyal full-time agents get the lead financing and one on one training.

Todd says "screw the insurance companies". He doesn't care about them.

I hope he doesn't say "screw the agents". After all, it's the carriers and the agents that pay him.

Todd.....what say you?

Last edited:
I agree. A lot of FE carriers are being run by bean counters, accountants, and lawyers. Most of those companies when you call the home office no one has sold anything.

With SL the CEO, President, Vice-President, Regional Vice-Presidents, some of the underwriters, some of the recruiting dept. have experience selling FE...both field and tele-sales.

As agents slowly start migrating to SL the next few yearsI believe the process will slowly speed up each year. Other FE carriers will slowly exit the business for various reasons but probably mainly because they can't find/keep agents writing for them.

After all, agents go where there is least resistance.....lead financing, TV leads just minutes old, fresh exclusive DM leads being generated by the home office so agents don't have to gamble on the return nor have to worry about their manager cherry picking their leads before they get them, group health, disability, cancer, and more.

If anyone wants more of these details call me and I'll share them with you.

Are SL's telesales agents captive?

Back