Re-selling of Direct Mail Leads

Your not reselling rgi leads I won’t disagree with . But I’m very very very suspicious rgi is not mixing in some resold leads. The reason I say this . I was getting rgi leads for about a yr recently . I noticed a good amount of duplicate leads right at the 60 day plus mark ( 60 day or less you get a credit ) . It was uncanny how at the 60-70 day mark I was getting duplicates . But that’s not what got me suspicious . One batch of leads I noticed white out on the the area were age was . It was about 3 leads . Somebody whited out the age and changed it . Those are facts . My friend who’s a big fe agent gets rgi leads . One of your agents running same area and he told me it’s uncanny how they run into same clients over a 1-2 week period . He was actually going to start comparing leads with the agent to verify . Bill Kiray of neisloss had you tube segment with 4 other fmos . All said Dm returns tanking last 2 yrs . Yet rgi not affected much. We all run the same leads and data . Hows rgi getting better returns that all others ? Unless 2 opposing agents get batches of leads ti compare can’t verify . But on the other hand it’s what you sell and rgi leads are good . I’m just answering your question .
If you and another agent both have leads that you suspect it would be smart to get together and compare them. I would. In 100% of the cases they have been the same person filled out a card 6-months apart.

If you are getting your leads straight from RGI’s database/web portal like our agents do then no one is tampering with them. Some agencies do not allow you to see RGI’s database and they import them into their own “lead management system”

One of the sales pitches to us IMO’s about importing into a secondary “lead management system” is that it can track how many times a lead has been sold and at what ages. Not every IMO that uses a secondary system is using it for that reason but some are.

If you are routinely buying RGI Leads. I would definitely tell whoever is selling them to you that you just want to login onto RGI‘s system with a portal set up for you. There is no reason that they can’t do that for you even if they don’t do it for other agents. I even said that up for competitor agencies that buy overstock leads from me.

Does the agent get the original card sent to him when purchased through FEX on fixed cost leads ?
RGI does not send the original cards on per thousand orders.
I want those original cards. I paid for it and I need to see that post mark.
Why would I order leads from RGI ?
I trust Chris at Lead Connections,to me,he does it right.
No way would FEX be re-selling lead cards.
Sounds like gossip,hearsay,typical BS.
I have never understood the appeal of the original cards. I used to get those years ago from the vendors and I just threw them away. They always came a week or so later than I got the lead through my email.

RGI will definitely supply those if an agent wants them but they will charge extra. It just adds an additional expense that doesn’t do anything for you.

if an agent thinks that having the original card is insurance against someone re-selling your leads and they just don’t understand how it works. Because they don’t need to use my card to resell the leads. They would resell the PDFs just like the original PDFs.

Last edited:
I have never understood the appeal of the original cards. I used to get those years ago from the vendors and I just threw them away. They always came a week or so later than I got the lead through my email.

RGI will definitely supply those if an agent wants them but they will charge extra. It just adds an additional expense that doesn’t do anything for you.

if an agent thinks that having the original card isn’t assurance against someone re-selling your leads and they just don’t understand how it works. Because they don’t need to use my card to resell the leads. They would resell the PDFs just like the original PDFs.

True,mostly just more paper for the burn pile.
Like Don I’m a door knocker. I order per thousand.
There are many cards that come in not filled out with an address return label.
I want that card.
90 days after the mailing,no more scans so the stragglers are sent hard copy.
So maybe you can tell me why Chris sends the hard copy ?

I want that card.
Chris sends them because YOU are his customer and YOU think it means something special. And maybe you use it in a way that is special to you.

I want that card.

What difference does it make why he sends the copy? Chris doesn't sell insurance. He sells leads. He's obviously sold you.

I still don't understand what difference it would make to have the original. Doorknocking or not. I guess if the battle you are trying to win is to get the person to admit they did, in fact, send in the card then I guess that would help you win that battle. So what?

I'm not there to do battle over the card. I'm there to sell life insurance. If their excuse to not do business is to pretend they didn't send the card in then I'm gone from there in a couple minutes on to someone that does want/need to talk to me.

But if it makes you feel better to go back to your car with no app but being able to tell yourself, "I sure showed them"! Then knock yourself out. I hope all my competitors have that mindset.

Chris sends them because YOU are his customer and YOU think it means something special. And maybe you use it in a way that is special to you.

Why does he send the hard copies to all of his customers?
Yeah,I know another rhetorical question.
Don’t you want everyone lurking to know there’s more than one way to run a successful lead campaign for FE agents ?

Why does he send the hard copies to all of his customers?
Yeah,I know another rhetorical question.
Don’t you want everyone lurking to know there’s more than one way to run a successful lead campaign for FE agents ?

I am sorry I just dont understand

what is stopping someone from sending you cards but have never sent them out

what does it prove?

More important is what most proven agents continue to use, If they are doing shady stuff it would be found out by some and be reported on the forum NO?

What difference does it make why he sends the copy? Chris doesn't sell insurance. He sells leads. He's obviously sold you.

I still don't understand what difference it would make to have the original. Doorknocking or not. I guess if the battle you are trying to win is to get the person to admit they did, in fact, send in the card then I guess that would help you win that battle. So what?

I'm not there to do battle over the card. I'm there to sell life insurance. If their excuse to not do business is to pretend they didn't send the card in then I'm gone from there in a couple minutes on to someone that does want/need to talk to me.

But if it makes you feel better to go back to your car with no app but being able to tell yourself, "I sure showed them"! Then knock yourself out. I hope all my competitors have that mindset.

There’s no “makes me feel better with no app”going on there.
It’s more like “I paid for a card that came in with not filled out and oh yeah they put there return address sticker on it with the little flowers and yeah who knows I might only sell 1 out of 10 of those cards that I can show the prospect but hey,that’s my beer,pizza,and strip club money dude”.

I work each and every card that comes in my way,that’s right.

It’s more like “I paid for a card that came in with not filled out and oh yeah they put there return address sticker on it with the little flowers and yeah who knows I might only sell 1 out of 10 of those cards that I can show the prospect but hey,that’s my beer,pizza,and strip club money dude”.

Doesn't the return address sticker with the little flowers on it show on the copy?

Ohh I get it, My wife likes flowers too

Back