Realistic Final Expense Goals

What does it take to write $2000 worth of annual final expense premium every week. Would love to hear from someone who does it consistently.
I'd like to respectfully raise this old topic from the dead, but without all the shenanigans.

The original question is quoted above.

My thought is that selling $2,000 in AP per month, consistently, will gross in the mid $60k per year range, which is a respectable living. How hard is it to do that, what do you have to do that, and, if you're selling FE only, would $2,000 in AP per week be a slug, an average agent, or a superstar?

I figure an average AP per household and per app as one and the same. If it's a couple, that's lagniappe.

But, for my sake, I figure an average AP per app of $500, a little more than $40 per month premium.

Man, I had to google "lagniappe". cool word.

By those numbers, that is 4 apps per week.
That has to very doable. Two to four homes.

When I first started selling insurance an FE agent came to my mom's house. I went outside to greet him and asked what he wanted. He showed me a lead card my stepfather filled out and then I explained to hm I had just got my license and I was able to help my stepfather out. I then started asking questions about FE. He was driving a new Chevy 8 cylinder truck and was dressed very nice. You could tell he was successful. He told me he would purchase 10 leads per day and would sell 3 a day. He said he wouldn't stop for the day until he sold 3. Leads were $25 a pop. He said he averaged $1800 in AP per day. He said he sold Fe for the last 25 yrs and did nothing else. He sold exclusively for Lincoln Heritage. I asked him what the key to success was. He looked at me and said " You know what the difference between you and me is?" I said ' what' and he said ' I'm out here working and your not.'

I asked him what the key to success was. He looked at me and said " You know what the difference between you and me is?" I said ' what' and he said ' I'm out here working and your not.'

He is correct. You have to be out in the field seeing the people and always been thinking about finding your next appt.

Last edited:
2k is very doable in just FE. As with any sales, it depends upon numbers. 15-20 appointments per week got me on average about 4k in commission a week. Key to all of this is how you manage your work flow and lead supply. My recommendations is since you have to be in front of people to actually sell them, that the critical component is leads leads leads. You get them from dropping mailers, telemarketers, referrals, ads, however you get them. After that, its just a matter of work work work as the FE agenet above said. You will close business. I averaged somewhere between $500-600 per app with 6-10 apps per week, driving 3 hours on average to my territory, $1100 per week in lead cost and several tanks of gas. Nice income, lots of work, and you also have to account for chargebacks due to cancels and lapses. End result to answer your question is yes you can make a nice living off just final expense. I recommend you cross sell other products and services cause when I did/do that, the commission per app goes way up!

Here's where I'm coming from. I want to do well in FE; I'm not too interested in just scraping by or being average. I want ti make a good living for myself and my family.

If I wanted to go out today and play competitive basketball, I just couldn't do it. I'm only 5'9" and I have always sucked at basketball.
If I wanted to go out today and place in the Boston Marathon' I couldn't. I just don't have a lot of the natural ability like most Kenyans do.
If I wanted to go out and become a neurosurgeon, I couldn't, because I'm just not that smart.

But I think its a level playing field here.
There are some FE studs here, and its not like these guys have 25 hours in a day, or an extra arm to write apps faster, or the ability to speak faster to write double the business in the same time.

So what can I do to move from being an average (or below average) agent/salesman to being at the top of MY game?

Here's where I'm coming from. I want to do well in FE; I'm not too interested in just scraping by or being average. I want ti make a good living for myself and my family.

If I wanted to go out today and play competitive basketball, I just couldn't do it. I'm only 5'9" and I have always sucked at basketball.
If I wanted to go out today and place in the Boston Marathon' I couldn't. I just don't have a lot of the natural ability like most Kenyans do.
If I wanted to go out and become a neurosurgeon, I couldn't, because I'm just not that smart.

But I think its a level playing field here.
There are some FE studs here, and its not like these guys have 25 hours in a day, or an extra arm to write apps faster, or the ability to speak faster to write double the business in the same time.

So what can I do to move from being an average (or below average) agent/salesman to being at the top of MY game?

Either go work 3-4 days with Jdeasy in the field or work 3-4 days with me selling on the phone, or call Jody...3 excellent choices.

Back