Recommendations for Seminars During AEP

Limozine

Super Genius
I'm planning to do a number of Medicare seminars (formal events, carrier specific) during AEP. I have several questions for those who have done such events:

1. Is there a "recommended" date range that works better? The week before AEP opens? The first week? etc.

2. Is there a day of the week that generally works better?

3. Is there a time of day (morning vs. afternoon) that tends to work better?

You are doing these all on your own? The carrier is not participating? And you are new to Medicare?

You are doing these all on your own? The carrier is not participating? And you are new to Medicare?

I'm new to Medicare, but I'll have an experienced Medicare agent helping me. The problem is that he isn't available this weekend and I need to make a decision on a date by Monday.

I've done about 20 aep seminars. Most were duds but several had good turnouts and sales.

In Oct barely anyone shows. Early to mid nov were the sweet spot.

We did them on different days.
And on those days one in the am and one in the afternoon.

If you are new----doing one on your own--the carrier is not paying for it--and YOU are responsible for filling the seats---Id say forget it. Four strikes

If you are new----doing one on your own--the carrier is not paying for it--and YOU are responsible for filling the seats---Id say forget it. Four strikes

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but there are some mitigating factors: first, I already have a suitable venue at no cost in my building; second, I've built a pretty extensive online network so my advertising costs are going to be less than $200; third, I will have an experienced Medicare agent helping me, though he isn't experienced with seminars.

Also, the carrier in this case is promising me leads during AEP. I feel like this is a way I can make a "good faith" effort to put some skin in the game. If I feel like the leads I get from them this year aren't worth the effort, I won't be featuring them at any seminars in the future. Instead, I'll be focusing on carriers who want to truly partner with me.

Well--all that would have been helpful in the first post LOL!!!

Sounds like you got it!

If I feel like the leads I get from them this year aren't worth the effort, I won't be featuring them at any seminars in the future. Instead, I'll be focusing on carriers who want to truly partner with me.

I'm sorry, but, lol.

Would you like the carriers to present for you as well, and, perhaps, fill up your gas tank? Maybe they can give you some pens so that you can get the signatures more easily.

I'm sorry, but, lol.

Would you like the carriers to present for you as well, and, perhaps, fill up your gas tank? Maybe they can give you some pens so that you can get the signatures more easily.

In some markets the agents do very little--the carriers do it all. Some they do nothing. Had he said all his facts in the first post he would have answered his own question!

Back