Religious and secular work

I've met a lot of people who are deeply religious. I had a close friend who went to church twice a week, and gave about 80% or 90% of his income to the church, then put on fundraisers on the weekend to raise more money to give to the church. All around great guy. He didn't talk much about his beliefs or involvement in the church unless you asked him.

I have worked for two people who were very vocal about their relationship with God and their beliefs. Both turned out to be complete crooks that screwed me. I am always very leery of anyone who advertises their faith.

This is something that I am hesitant to chime in on, but I think its something that will always be looked at from different sides. Unfortunately, some of the shadiest people I have met in this business pimp out their "faith" to get you to trust them, and then they are the first to stab you in the back.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with incorporating your faith. Things can get muddy real quick with the wrong intentions. Personally, I'd rather have people find out about me by my actions instead of my soap box. I think that is a best practice.
Amen! I see this all the time.

Amen! I see this all the time.
I've met a lot of people who are deeply religious. I had a close friend who went to church twice a week, and gave about 80% or 90% of his income to the church, then put on fundraisers on the weekend to raise more money to give to the church. All around great guy. He didn't talk much about his beliefs or involvement in the church unless you asked him.

I have worked for two people who were very vocal about their relationship with God and their beliefs. Both turned out to be complete crooks that screwed me. I am always very leery of anyone who advertises their faith.
Praise the Lord and pass the biscuits:)

Personally, I'd rather have people find out about me by my actions instead of my soap box. I think that is a best practice.

People that talk about being preachers and how Christian goody-two-shoes they are to help their sale or their recruiting pitch, disgust me. They are some of the fakest bottom of the barrel low morale POS in my opinion.

It's like sell on your own merits or recruit on your own. no need to muddy Jesus's good name because of your crappy presentation that dosent build trust.

Any agent that has ever join my team or client that I sold to would never say I mentioned it, my faith is my own.

if they feel they need to share their faith they should do so on their own time.

I would say shame on them but they probably have no shame.

Lol just my own opinion.

Last edited:
People that talk about being preachers and how Christian goody-two-shoes they are to help their sale or their recruiting pitch, disgust me. They are some of the fakest bottom of the barrel low morale POS in my opinion.

It's like sell on your own merits or recruit on your own. no need to muddy Jesus is good name because of your crappy presentation that dosent build trust.

Any agent that has ever join my team or client that I sold to would never say I mentioned it, my faith is my own.

if they feel they need to share their faith they should do so on their own time.

I would say shame on them but they probably have no shame.

Lol just my own opinion.
I just give everybody a cross at the start but take it back if they don’t buy:)

I came to a Final Expense session thinking it was a good opportunity.

Once the presenter called the meeting to order, "church broke out" he asked if any minister is here and had her open with prayer.

I rather keep my service to God and my secular affairs separated, buy acting in a manner that shows I have Biblical personality.

Then kept getting numberous text messages with religious.

Anyone else expetience such?

The problems is once a person or group ties his religion to his business practices, they both speak for each other. When I was invited onto a SR Life call, I found the pre-call prayer a little odd, especially since it was long and drawn out. But when I later learned of some questionable practices and ethical concerns with that carrier, it doesn't just call their business practice into question. Now I wonder about their faith and the motive for integrating it into the whole marketing approach anyways (that's what these calls are). It's none of my business if their faith is sincere but now they've made the faith look suspect with their poor discernment.

Sometimes it's better if we just be ourselves and let the world figure out who is at work in us.

"Preach Jesus at all times, and if necessary, use words". -St Francis.

Back