Relocating to CA - Need Advice / Reccomendations

5starfinancialhealth

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So july 28th im going to be moving to san diego or Los angeles. Im currently in florida, the problem im facing is this: In Florida there is tons of call centers for insurance agents to come into work dial leads and offer products all over the phone. In California im not sure if this even exists. Do any of you agents here know anybody or anything similar to contact about employment at an office/call center type environment?

So july 28th im going to be moving to san diego or Los angeles. Im currently in florida, the problem im facing is this: In Florida there is tons of call centers for insurance agents to come into work dial leads and offer products all over the phone. In California im not sure if this even exists. Do any of you agents here know anybody or anything similar to contact about employment at an office/call center type environment?

Why do you want to work in a call center? Call for yourself and earn the full commission.

You probably don't want to call into CA as 92% of residents are on the DNC list. Or go freelance and let agents hire you. In the long run, you'll make more money.

If you wind up in the L.A. area, give me a shout.

Rick

Why do you want to work in a call center? Call for yourself and earn the full commission.

You probably don't want to call into CA as 92% of residents are on the DNC list. Or go freelance and let agents hire you. In the long run, you'll make more money.

Rick

I will definitely give you a shout if LA is the destination.

The call center environment isnt ideal because truthfully I rather take the full commissions and build a book of business but the problem is just financially I wouldn't have enough money to purchase leads and pay bills. Its not really a move I want to make but its something I gotta do. Im not opposed to something different, but ive been sheltered in a call center environment for 2 years. I figure until I can really get on my feet, an agency that provides leads and a steady income flow within a month to help with expenses would probably be best for me. Like I said though, I rather take full commissions and own my own book of business
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LMAO. good ole randy newman

Last edited:
I will be starting new in california myself. I but i need to pick up some experiences within an agency first before I start one. I am aiming to start one next year. I am not sure what city in southern california is a good place to open one. Any ideas?

I will be starting new in california myself. I but i need to pick up some experiences within an agency first before I start one. I am aiming to start one next year. I am not sure what city in southern california is a good place to open one. Any ideas?

I would imagine the bigger cities, ive done a bit of dabbling and LA and san diego seem to be the hot spots as far as anything insurance related. Thats just my opinion though and that could be completely wrong

I seen more call center type ads in San Diego but I've also seen one in West Covina which a L.A. burb about 25 miles out.

For the question about cities in Cali to locate an agency, there are 100's of cities large enough to support you.

Don't look at LA/SD as your only option unlike smaller 'big towns'...you can't run either of these anyway their too big and diverse...so pick a section and start carving, baby.

Or chose a burb that's big as Colorado Springs anyway and start in what an LA guy would call the sticks they wiil both provide you with a chit load of folks.

Cali has over 100 cities with over 100k don't focus on the BIG two plus dozens more with 20-50k...plenty of room to WORK.

(Spanish might helpful in some:1tongue:)

Are you planning on selling Life & Health or P&C? I might be able to help if you like.

Rick
Rick
I am in LA and new to the business. Can we talk?
Lee

Back