Sales/Ego Dilemma - How Would You Respond?

I would ask her if she is able to return your calls.

I can't tell you how many buckets of **** I have to eat to close deals. Its about the green.

On the health side I give a high level of customer service so there have been a few clients I told to get loss. I had a group client with 5 employees where the owner thought he was big shot. He told me for him to return his calls I had to leave 2 voice messages and a email. I put up with that for about a year and then I just stopped giving him any customer service. Then a situation came up where he did not follow the rules and then wanted me to fix it. I told him he was SOL. No way was I going to pull favor for this guy.
Then I told him to get someone else to represent him.

Handle it all by email, insist she submit a check with the application. Use certified email to make sure she receives your email. One of the best tips I ever received on this site was somarco suggesting to use readnotify.com. Never call her, she must call you or correspond through email. I have made some nice sales using this and I have dumped some jerks as well.

If the situation bothers you, don't do it. If it doesn't, keep going.

How much simpler is it than that?

You don't need 5 or 6 reasons to do or not do something. Trust your gut. It's rarely wrong.

What you have to make sure is that you have enough prospects where you don't have to depend on someone like this for income. Then they simply become a "round to it" prospect. Get all your other business done first, then if there's time get around to it for this one. Pain in the ass people only become that if you let them, have other work to concentrate on.

"Booking Yourself Solid" states that you must cultivate a "velvet-rope" policy. Don't do business with people that bring you down, in fact, find the most pain in the ass clients, and fire them, it will feel good. It makes you feel like a business owner in charge of his own destiny. I have bitched out shitty internet leads, and telemarketed leads that were less than professional with me. Is that professional? Depends on your definition, and Rick is right, it is pride, nothing wrong with having that (unless you can't pay your bills).

Back