Sales Training

ewilkins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone recommend any good sales training programs you've taken or any that you would recommend? I know a lot of agents don't make it past their first year not because they don't know their product, but because they lack sales skills. I read Zig Ziglar and have taken some of his webinars, but any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If you're talking about sales training (as opposed to product knowledge) one of the best ways is to find a decent IMO that provides training and just do it. Start calling lists and leads with a decent script (you'll make it better as you go), write down common objections and rebuttals, work appointments, etc. Not as specific as you want, but I think some times the best thing to do is just do it...do it as often as you can so you can expedite your learning curve for phone skills and appointments.

You can pick up my free ebook, it's more entry level but might be beneficial to you. Link in signature.
Might want to check out this thread if you haven't, some good stuff if you weed it out.

Common Mistakes by Rookie Agents
You can also call me for advice, I'm in Chicago this coming week so nights are good.

If you're talking about sales training (as opposed to product knowledge) one of the best ways is to find a decent IMO that provides training and just do it. Start calling lists and leads with a decent script (you'll make it better as you go), write down common objections and rebuttals, work appointments, etc. Not as specific as you want, but I think some times the best thing to do is just do it...do it as often as you can so you can expedite your learning curve for phone skills and appointments.

I have heard that both the Sandler training and Wayne Cotton training is good. I think the One Card System is both a system and training rolled into one.

I think most agents fail because of not getting in front of enough clients, not because of sales training....though some training and hand holding at the beginning can help

There are three key components to success in sales:

• Clients
  • Product Knowledge
  • Sales skills

Remove one and you cannot be as successful as you would like.

Regardless of what anyone might want agents to believe, this is not a lemonade stand where people will simply by from you, you need to know what you're doing.

I think most agents fail because of not getting in front of enough clients, not because of sales training....though some training and hand holding at the beginning can help

Thanks man!

ewilkins, Do contact Rob... he's the man!

Bingo. Prospecting training trumps sales training. Who cares how well you can close if you can't open?

And the flip side is also true, what good is opening if you can't close, if you let people think it over only to lose sales, etc?

Bingo. Prospecting training trumps sales training. Who cares how well you can close if you can't open?

robliano said:
And the flip side is also true, what good is opening if you can't close, if you let people think it over only to lose sales, etc?

Completely different. You can luck into sales or find that guy who is going to buy no matter what if you have a prospect. If no prospects, there is no way to get a sale.

Back