SBLI FE Product

That's interesting. I'm inclined to believe that it might be a real value-add over and above the family receiving just a death benefit.

I'm going to do some studyin' and thinkin' on it.

Unless your sales presentation revolves around this type of program, you're just over-complicating a simple product.

LH and SL have their own version of this, and it obviously doesn't make a difference since those are 2 of the most replaced companies in the industry.

That's interesting. I'm inclined to believe that it might be a real value-add over and above the family receiving just a death benefit.

I'm going to do some studyin' and thinkin' on it.

And Final Expense related. As opposed to member benefits of some companies. I always thought things like community play grounds or a free will were marketing gimmicks.

I agree that those, free wills, free final wishes planning guides, etc. are all gimmicks.

But those funeral concierge programs, especially the Sequoia plan linked with SBLI really seem to be an added benefit that will really bring value to the family. Sequia flat out tells its members that the family should not contact a funeral home directly, and that NASER will make the arrangements according to the deceased wishes, if known, or the family's. In addition, the call center is staffed with live agents 24/7/365, which is not the case I believe with Everest, Legacy, or FCGS. I think it might be a really value add that many folks will appreciate.

I agree that those, free wills, free final wishes planning guides, etc. are all gimmicks.

But those funeral concierge programs, especially the Sequoia plan linked with SBLI really seem to be an added benefit that will really bring value to the family. Sequia flat out tells its members that the family should not contact a funeral home directly, and that NASER will make the arrangements according to the deceased wishes, if known, or the family's. In addition, the call center is staffed with live agents 24/7/365, which is not the case I believe with Everest, Legacy, or FCGS. I think it might be a really value add that many folks will appreciate.

Families here want to contact their preferred funeral homes.

I tell all clients they can contact me. Some do. Most don’t.

No one cares about your business as much as you do. I don’t want to enter a 3rd party into it.

Again, if one thinks that adds value then it probably does. I do not see value in it so I’m not telling my customers there is value there.

And there is a cost to it. I would rather they get more actual insurance or pay less.

Families here want to contact their preferred funeral homes.
Same down here. Never seen anyone that would want to include some unknown company when making funeral arrangements.

I always try to remember that I'm sitting down with a serial procrastinator. They've been putting off an important decision for 50 yrs or more. Why junk it up with a lot of jibber jabber.

:yes::yes:
Same down here. Never seen anyone that would want to include some unknown company when making funeral arrangements.

I always try to remember that I'm sitting down with a serial procrastinator. They've been putting off an important decision for 50 yrs or more. Why junk it up with a lot of jibber jabber.

That too. :yes:

The Sequoia plan looks more complicated to explain than the life insurance policy. I wonder how many people remember to contact Sequoia after they die?

Back