SBLI FE Product

But those funeral concierge programs, especially the Sequoia plan linked with SBLI really seem to be an added benefit that will really bring value to the family.

I can also see a value. Whether it is a $ value or a comfort value I guess is debatable.

If I sold a company that included it I would probably mention it same as I would mention accelerated death benefit. Not as a sales insensitive, but a feature.

I do not get to far into the weeds with a final expense plan. I have not used a brochure or carry any company sales stuff outside of applications and service forms.

If F2F, I'm there to show a couple more options above what I already quoted on the phone and write the app. Get the bene contact info and off to happy hour.

I car
I can also see a value. Whether it is a $ value or a comfort value I guess is debatable.

If I sold a company that included it I would probably mention it same as I would mention accelerated death benefit. Not as a sales insensitive, but a feature.

I do not get to far into the weeds with a final expense plan. I have not used a brochure or carry any company sales stuff outside of applications and service forms.

If F2F, I'm there to show a couple more options above what I already quoted on the phone and write the app. Get the bene contact info and off to happy hour.

I carry brochures. Selling an intangible asset from an unknown company to folks with trust issues. Handing them a brochure and a business card go a long way.

Personally, I don't explain Accelerated Death Benefit. I have never had anyone ask about it. And I don't know of anyone that's ever utilized it.

I car

I carry brochures. Selling an intangible asset from an unknown company to folks with trust issues. Handing them a brochure and a business card go a long way.

Personally, I don't explain Accelerated Death Benefit. I have never had anyone ask about it. And I don't know of anyone that's ever utilized it.

Yeah, I got a couple of buddies that use brochures and the good, better, best sheets on every call. It is their process and works well for them.

I am more of a legal pad, envelope or the back of their quote sheet kinda guy. Just different processes.

I keep thinking I need to learn how to do screen share or zoom appointments. For my phone meets. But probably won't.

Accelerated Benefit - we have paid it out several times over the years. In several of the cases it really helped. However, these were much larger pay outs than an FE policy. So I see your point on smaller policies.

ABR payout that happened to a client of mine. Has a 150k policy (term). Diagnose with stage 4 breast cancer (terminal). She was offered 137k to walk away or half immediately and the remaining upon her death. It can be life changing. Cancer is expensive. A lot of people can't work during treatment. I have shared that story with a lot of potential clients over the years. It resonates.

ABR payout that happened to a client of mine. Has a 150k policy (term). Diagnose with stage 4 breast cancer (terminal). She was offered 137k to walk away or half immediately and the remaining upon her death. It can be life changing. Cancer is expensive. A lot of people can't work during treatment. I have shared that story with a lot of potential clients over the years. It resonates.

I've helped a few clients over the years use it. I did over $1 mil term before I got into FE so I had some like you described. Not much in FE. But still the occasional one. Last one was a guy with a $10K policy. Ended up in a nursing home on medicaid. The stipend wasn't enough to pay the premium. No one to help him. The choices were to let it apl until out of cash or do RPU or extended term or ADB. He chose the ADB. Seems it was around a $7500 benefit after catching up premiums and fees. He assigned it to a funeral hom to be exempt from medicaid. His funeral will be paid. No more premiums and no mediciad problems. Worked out great for him. They all thought he wouldn't make it 6 months. It's been longer and he's still ticking.

Same.

I have a couple examples as well.

Insurance agents - harder than being just an insurance salesman

Eapp signed via email or can they sign via voice, too?

They can do a voice sig but holy smokes it takes longer for MRS to read the disclosures and authorizations than it does to do the entire rest of the eApp.

Maybe @JRoot can add streamlining the voice sig process to the list of needed improvements.

Great product and eApp otherwise. If the client has email the Docusign is smooth. For those who are still without email, the voice sig is the tortuous alternative if you aren't doing the app in person.

Back