Screwed by client... hurt and angry. That OK?

well... good for u.... i live in the reality world and the reality is the client does whatever they must to get what the feel is the best deal.... an agent and their feelings mean nothing to these clients. they would soon pee on u as look at u. thats is just the hard cold facts that 23 years in in-home and insurance sales has taught me....

My feeling is that you had a prospective client of another agent. This happens sometimes, I usually ask if they have another agent before I do much with them. If they say yes, then I ask why didn't they contact that agent. Usually I get the "haven't heard from him/her in years" stuff but bottom line is about 75% or more of the time when it comes down to the crunch, they will call that old agent. Then you'll get the "sorry, we really appreciate your help, but we've decided to remain with our agent".

Sometimes they are looking at you to show them something that really may not exist. Once they realize that the other agent can get them the same thing, they more often than not will call on the old agent even if you've put in hours of work.

My suggestion, and it is just how I do it, it if I ask and they say they have another agent, I suggest they call that agent to help them and tell them I don't feel comfortable working behind the back of another agent. Basically, see you later and have a nice life.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

My feeling is that you had a prospective client of another agent. This happens sometimes, I usually ask if they have another agent before I do much with them. If they say yes, then I ask why didn't they contact that agent. Usually I get the "haven't heard from him/her in years" stuff but bottom line is about 75% or more of the time when it comes down to the crunch, they will call that old agent. Then you'll get the "sorry, we really appreciate your help, but we've decided to remain with our agent".

Sometimes they are looking at you to show them something that really may not exist. Once they realize that the other agent can get them the same thing, they more often than not will call on the old agent even if you've put in hours of work.

My suggestion, and it is just how I do it, it if I ask and they say they have another agent, I suggest they call that agent to help them and tell them I don't feel comfortable working behind the back of another agent. Basically, see you later and have a nice life.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

Unless of course you can get an agent of record change I imagine?

Here's a classic from last December:

Lady calls me and starts asking very specific benefit questions on the BC HIPAA Share 1500. After about 1 min of this, I ask her if she is looking at buying a HIPAA plan.

She says, now get this, no I already bought it from another agent but have some questions about these specific benefits.

I said, you should be asking your agent those questions, not me since he is getting paid to answer them.

She says, well I would but he is on vacation right now.

I said, well, you'll just have to wait until he gets back to get these answers since it is his job to answer these questions. Have a nice day and hung up on her.

I could have spent 30 mins on a toll call to me answering some detailed questions about a plan already sold by another agent.

I have learned, if they have another agent, see ya!

Dave
www.davefluker.com

Unless of course you can get an agent of record change I imagine?

That would definitely be an acid test. I think it is hard to get one up front without doing the work first and then they may balk at it when it's time to sign on the dotted line.

In a way, I live to take clients from other agents. Now I agree, in most cases it aint happening but if I get a call from someone and they have an agent, I ask when was the last time your agent visited you? If its been more then a year I start qualifying hard, "If I can deliver a product and service that is better for you, will you switch?". Now I don't do much Health so I haven't really had that chance yet on that side of the business, but I would have to give it a shot with the understanding I am likely not going to get the business, but my competitive nature just eggs me on.

Al3 - Thicken skin my man...everyweek, I call between 25-40 exclusive telemarketed leads, and every week I submit 4-7 applications...and every week I have 3-4 CLOWNS that I let go of... Just write something very mean, crude, derigitory, and evil on the lead, then burn the lead, and throw it away... It dosent do anything to anybody, but it sure makes you feel good....

Also, you can take that lead, and input it into netquote, and let the guy get called 100 times by other agents including the boiler rooms for 4 weeks. Once again, dosent help you get the deal... but you get the last laugh...and your mental well being is the most important daily factor to your success.. Cheers.......

Also, you can take that lead, and input it into netquote, and let the guy get called 100 times by other agents including the boiler rooms for 4 weeks. Once again, dosent help you get the deal... but you get the last laugh...and your mental well being is the most important daily factor to your success.. Cheers.......

Wow, that is way cold! I love it

http://www.answer123.com/durbin.pdf

I know I got screwed, but I don't want to cause her any problems. Nothing good can come out of that. Bad karma.

Above is the link to the letter I sent her. I enclosed a couple of biz cards and that's that... case closed.

As President Bartlet would say, "What's next?"

Al

Back