Screwed by client... hurt and angry. That OK?

Great Letter Al, very upstanding, just realize, that after a 5 second scan from this person, your paid envelope, and time to write the letter and postage costs will go down the drain when she throws it away... am I right Peeler?

But, nice letter anyway... you know what they say about the "high road"... nothing, because it dos'nt matter if they are not a client. Just Joking. Have a great day!

Very nice letter Al. I like Producer's method and plan in implementing that 1x per week. I think each of us should be allowed to vent in our own way 1x per week. Signing up somebody online is priceless, but I have thought of a more creative way to say "thanks." to a client. The information is TBD.....

I just hate losing. I just don't know what I should have done differently in order to win.

Al

Well Putz, you've heard from the rest, now take it from the best ...
A numbers game bubba.
You are going to come across 5 - 10% who are butt holes no matter what you are selling or how good you are at it.
Hopefully all your leg work was done sitting down?
Sometimes you get one on board for a little while but eventually their buttholeness resurfaces.
E.G. she gets approved and then 6 mos. later she gets a review letter from HUMANA basically wanting to know why she is using a seasonal allergy medicine that she of course made no mention of on her app.
What does the bimbo do? Because she didn't want to come clean, she dumps the Humana policy and goes back to her LESS COMPREHENSIVE United plan because she found out that she could get new biz rates again and they never bothered to call her on her allergy meds. when she had them previously. And when I "calmly" email her detailing why she made a mistake, I am being "vindictive." Whateva ... Classic.
In retrospect she was flighty and a twit from the beginning.
I give you 2 to 1 odds that your client didn't take out an indie or a new group plan because he or she had medical issues. And the "friend in the business" crap is part of that. More than a few times they will come back to you down the road when their "buddy" is out of the game. And others are amazing and refer the hell out of you.
You want a cherry on top? Check it. This lil (out of respect for Alston I won't say it) gets on the phone and I recognize his voice. Turns out we conversed a few months earlier. This f'er tells me that he applied direct but he is now wondering if there is a "better" plan with co - pays, etc. He throws around jargon like "money's funny ..."
Soooo, I let him know that i will need to have an A.O.R signed and returned before i can assist him further. He doesn't see the need to do this but because he mentioned his policy number an A.O.R did "somehow" manage to reach United and we did get our vig. At least until he falls off.
There are pieces of sh*t people out there. Not most, but some. Fagetabaaadit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's a classic from last December:

Lady calls me and starts asking very specific benefit questions on the BC HIPAA Share 1500. After about 1 min of this, I ask her if she is looking at buying a HIPAA plan.

She says, now get this, no I already bought it from another agent but have some questions about these specific benefits.

I said, you should be asking your agent those questions, not me since he is getting paid to answer them.

She says, well I would but he is on vacation right now.

I said, well, you'll just have to wait until he gets back to get these answers since it is his job to answer these questions. Have a nice day and hung up on her.

I could have spent 30 mins on a toll call to me answering some detailed questions about a plan already sold by another agent.

I have learned, if they have another agent, see ya!

Dave
www.davefluker.com

I had to respond to that one.
The flukester.
Yeah, after a while you can usually smell that type of character? F*ck'n using b*tch.
"I would but he is on vacation ..." Wow.
Yep. What i do is turn it around. "best thing to do mame is to sign an agent of record letter that will allow us to confer with (pick an ins. co,) on your behalf. then we can know about your coverage completely."
I had this dink about 3 weeks ago call in and say how good it woulod be to have us around to help,etc. I email over the A.O.R, she calls back and says that she is not comfortable because she has known her agent tommy shoeshine for years, etc... "I guess i am moving to fast ..."
piffffffffffffff. Point is, time management is money management. Hey, think about the retail store owner and how much he loses because of theft each month?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back