Screwed by client... hurt and angry. That OK?

What made you drift?

tokyo-drift.jpg

Back when I was on leads I spent around a week going over quotes with my clients, they she dropped off the planet. I finally got in touch with her and she told me she signed up with the plan I recommended but signed up right through the company's website "so she could save money since I'm on commission." I informed her that the rate was exactly the same. She disagreed saying "actually it was lower" and hung up on me.

That's enough to piss off the Pope!!!

If you're emotionally upset, leave the phone work alone today. something in your voice will convey negativity....I would definitely not handle calls unless someone calls in to buy TODAY.

Well, I think that was good advice. I WAS bummed out so I decided to take a few hours off. But after a while I realized what the rest of you have said... you just have to shake it off... and move on.

And move on, I did. While I lost the small 2-person group early this morning, later on I was FINALLY able to close a 30-person group I've been working on for a month now... and the best part is that is it NOT a health group (at 7%) but a Colonial workplace supplement group... at around 25%... depending on what the participation will be during the enrollment... and I have a top enroller doing the case (he gets 15%... but not out of my commission. Work-sups pay well... if you get good participation.) I don't enroll my own groups because I don't have the product knowledge... and a really experienced enroller will put more on the books than I can. Some folks can sell, some can enroll. We all need to do what we like best.)

So getting this case closed made me feel a LOT better.

Al

Mind you I work the senior market...but...

I work with an agent who tells her potential clients this...

"No matter who you buy from the premium is the same. The difference is if you enroll through me, you get me as your agent. If you go online, you get an 800 number as your agent. So, basically, for the same premium, you get a live human to talk to, rather then a recording."

That has worked for me as well. Stress that the premium is the same up front, and for no additional cost, you get an actual agent.

best advice in the world....... and i provide it to u free....... ALL BUYERS ARE LIERS. now armed with that advice, crank up your sales preasure, play hardball and froce their hand at doing something.... NOW!!!! the number of clients u piss off with that policy will not be that big AND

best advice in the world....... and i provide it to u free....... ALL BUYERS ARE LIERS. now armed with that advice, crank up your sales preasure, play hardball, dont trust the client and froce their hand at doing something.... NOW!!!! the number of clients u piss off with that policy will not be that big AND it will keep u sharp and aggressive. there is no victory in 2nd place and also, no food on the table. i look at each client as a war, the mother of all battles, a jehad.... and with that approch at least i feel like i gave it my best to win even if someone else gets the deal.

my nuke will always be bigger than theirs... well... unless they are ehealth and they cheat

Latest posts

Back