Screwed by client... hurt and angry. That OK?

Real estate agents try to solve this problem with buy/sell agreements. Basically after you sign that contract you can buy a house from any agent and they still get the commish. They can actually sue you for the commission if you blow off to another agent. It stops you from dragging an agent around for 2 months, then finding the perfect house you want and going behind your agent's back to find another one willing to take less in commish.

simple to fix....did you ask her what her current broker was switching them to....(could be a dog with fleas).....ask her why the switch(to save money)....great that will save some prem's til we get you at the lowest on indy plan's.....its worth a shot.....

Good day for a movie or bowling.

If you're emotionally upset, leave the phone work alone today. something in your voice will convey negativity....I would definitely not handle calls unless someone calls in to buy TODAY. You don't want to burn thru good leads.

cLIENTS AND PROSPECTS disappoint.... you have to be thick-skinned in this business, and have enough new activity so you don't depend on any one sale to come thru. I find it hard to "roll with the punches" and know how you feel.

Tie-downs don't always work, but show you the quality of the folk you're dealing with. We used to ask 2 questions: 1....if i can show you a plan that you like and afford, any reason why we can't do business? And the other is..2...if you like the plan and get involved, would you refer me to 2 or 3 of your friends who could use this also?

Back when I was on leads I spent around a week going over quotes with my clients, they she dropped off the planet. I finally got in touch with her and she told me she signed up with the plan I recommended but signed up right through the company's website "so she could save money since I'm on commission." I informed her that the rate was exactly the same. She disagreed saying "actually it was lower" and hung up on me.

Tie-downs don't always work, but show you the quality of the folk you're dealing with.

Exactly. Some people think that the tie-downs put too much pressure on an individual, but I think it shows mutual respect and appreciation between both parties once all the facts are on the table. The "If I could, would ya" line does work and tells you precisely the caliber of client you are dealing with. The only people who balk at that line are people who don't value your time and services, or are simply shopping. If it is the latter, your website is the tool they need vs. you putting in a great deal of time and energy and not being compensated for your time.

We used to ask 2 questions: 1....if i can show you a plan that you like and afford, any reason why we can't do business? And the other is..2...if you like the plan and get involved, would you refer me to 2 or 3 of your friends who could use this also?

Do you not ask those questions now?

Better to get referrals than leads. Referrals are sold on you, but not the product. Leads are sold on the product, but not on you.

Go visit a Center Of Influence (Atty, CPA, Financial Planner), and give them a mini-presentation on Health. You do that enough, and you will get a steady stream of referrals, not leads.

Move on. It happens. Let it go.

Go to the gym
Go to an Ice Cream Store
Go to Best Buy, and listen to a CD you like

Back when I was on leads I spent around a week going over quotes with my clients, they she dropped off the planet. I finally got in touch with her and she told me she signed up with the plan I recommended but signed up right through the company's website "so she could save money since I'm on commission." I informed her that the rate was exactly the same. She disagreed saying "actually it was lower" and hung up on me.

This happens in life insurance too. The rates are the same but when people go online they always assume that they qualify for "best available" health status just because they are feeling okay today. So that is what they input into the quote engine. I had a gal last month who had been quoted a preferred rate by someone and I advised that she should look at standard rates just to have the right expectations based on a couple health hits that she had. Turns out she was declined. She had forgotten to mention the Hepatitus C.

Winter

It took me almost 2 years to realize that it is what it is. Some will value my services, some will not. It doesn't take long in the indie market to figure out that 4 good deals a week is fantastic pay. Forget about the rest.

Interesting. The key is to get the commitment up front and get the broker out of the deal. I can't tell you how many times I found out "after the fact" myself that it was the prospect's college buddy, former boss who got into the business, brother-in-law, whatever. You've got to lead them to closing the deal before you do the work!

Well Sal....to answer your inquiry if I still ask those 2 questions....i need to borrow an old Mae West quote.

"I used to be like the pure and freshly fallen snow, and then I slowly drifted."

Back