Seasoned Agent Looking For New IMO To Move Contracts

Ok. I went to sign with TR King today 3-12-20. They asked for banking account info, SS# info up front. Its on the first page of the website.
Is this the norm for FMOs? If the carriers pay the agent direct why does King need this info? Or does King assign? This sounds very questionable????

He was probably just putting your info into the SuranceBay system for you.
Or possibly selling it to the Russians.

Ok. I went to sign with TR King today 3-12-20. They asked for banking account info, SS# info up front. Its on the first page of the website.
Is this the norm for FMOs? If the carriers pay the agent direct why does King need this info? Or does King assign? This sounds very questionable????

He was probably just putting your info into the SuranceBay system for you.
Or possibly selling it to the Russians.
Pass!

*not a recruiter
I’m not a recruiter, either. I’m also really independent, so I have contracts with several IMO’s/FMO’s. Like @Newby referenced, any of them that use SuranceBay to sign an agent, including Todd, will ask for that info.

Since you’re probably not aware, SuranceBay is a system, that several insurance carriers use, that lets you sign up with one form for use by multiple carriers. It keeps you from needing to fill out the same info over and over again for each individual carrier. The bank info and SSN is for the carriers, not the agency.

I'd be wary of any arrogant sob who calls himself "King". But he's from Southwest Virginia, so I guess he can't be all bad.:nah:

We ask all these things up front (but we only want it if you have decided to go with us), so that we can vette you a bit before you do contracting with the companies. This way, we can make sure that we're a good fit for you and vice-versa. We also check Vector One before we even send you to do contracts.

Call Todd and ask him...

We ask all these things up front (but we only want it if you have decided to go with us), so that we can vette you a bit before you do contracting with the companies. This way, we can make sure that we're a good fit for you and vice-versa. We also check Vector One before we even send you to do contracts.
But why the banking info? And, can you not check the vector using the NPN..

Back