Secure Website's

bluediamond

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I can't find the thread so will start a new one. Some of you have discussed encrypting your computer's and I mentioned this today and was told you don't need to because the carrier website's will be encrypted. Well how much does that really mean? Can't someone hack your computer in the process of taking an electronic app? BTW I don't keep apps on my computer after it's submitted.

I don't have an answer on that, specifically. You would think that having your management system hosted by secure company, and carriers hosting your apps and client information, that would be enough.

New HIPAA compliance laws apply to P & C. Any 'personnel identifiable information' that is breached can land an agency in a huge financial situation. Seems most vulnerable is thru email or fax gone to wrong party or intercepted.

Have a daughter that works internet security on large scale.....she says there is not such thing as being 'hack proof'. Scary.

Glad to see more and more carriers offering date breach liability and cyber crime.

Thanks AZ, I knew anything can be hacked. When my boss said we'd all have to purchase a portable wi-fi so we could get it anywhere I told him I didn't think that was a good idea and he said don't worry about it because the carrier website was taking responsibility for encrypting.

Honestly, it's all just the illusion of security.

There's physical breaches, I.e. a crooked broker, someone looking at your screen, or gaining access to your PC.

There's client-side breaches, where you computer is compromised (screen mirror, key logger, trojan, etc)

There's transmission breaches (intercept communications in-process)

There's server side breaches (access stored data, break into servers, etc)

They can get at the info at any point in the process. One weak link and it's all theirs. Reasonably, it's impossible to be 100% secure.

If I were you, I'd do what everyone else in the world will be doing: running an antivirus and not worrying about it. There is no reason to go above and beyond, most of it is unnecessary and doesn't work.

There were 2 links in the Agreement on Part II (at CMS portal website).
When you clicked on these links a pop-up window appeared.
They discussed privacy, security, agent behavior (conduct), etc.
I remember something about installing a time-out feature on our computers (and mobile devices).

I thought that I'd have a chance to go back and print (or save) this info.
I was in a HURRY to finish....afraid I'd get a CMS time-out or error message before I finished my verification process. It froze up several times during the process.

I've tried to go back and retrieve this "agreement" data. But, can't.
Those little pop-up-box messages might address this encryption issue.
I read them SO fast that I didn't catch it all. MOST of it was common-sense, anyway.

Maybe someone (who has not completed Part II) will "save" that data & share it here.

It seems that there were fines (like up-to $25,000) for failure to comply.

That CMS-portal website DOES have the capability of looking into our computers (and networks). This was disclosed near the beginning of the process.

There were 2 links in the Agreement on Part II (at CMS portal website).
When you clicked on these links a pop-up window appeared.
They discussed privacy, security, agent behavior (conduct), etc.
I remember something about installing a time-out feature on our computers (and mobile devices).

I thought that I'd have a chance to go back and print (or save) this info.
I was in a HURRY to finish....afraid I'd get a CMS time-out or error message before I finished my verification process. It froze up several times during the process.

I've tried to go back and retrieve this "agreement" data. But, can't.
Those little pop-up-box messages might address this encryption issue.
I read them SO fast that I didn't catch it all. MOST of it was common-sense, anyway.

Maybe someone (who has not completed Part II) will "save" that data & share it here.

It seems that there were fines (like up-to $25,000) for failure to comply.

That CMS-portal website DOES have the capability of looking into our computers (and networks). This was disclosed near the beginning of the process.

If they sneak a peek inside my computer they will have a heart-attack and need the closest Navigator to help them! :D
Former-President-Ronald-Reagan.jpg

Back