Selling Term Life From a Website

actually you were right...some companies such as Kemper Life, require to be licensed in each particular county you write business in. I've heard of other companies doing this as well...

Just ask you UPLINE what the procedure is, for each particular county

The registration by county for non-res is is supposed to be only if you're physically conducting business in that county. It isn't a separate license, but some carriers will require the fee anyway.

Your last sentence is the best advice.

actually you were right...some companies such as Kemper Life, require to be licensed in each particular county you write business in. I've heard of other companies doing this as well... Just ask you UPLINE what the procedure is, for each particular county

That's what the upline said. I asked why he didn't do business in FL and that was the answer.

Do I have to go to the state and do the fingerprints or can I use a system like the prometric to do the finger prints and send them to DOI in FL and CA?

This thread was fresh in my mind when I signed up for mine today. The link below will take you directly to the page on the site and it goes step by step for FL. Hope this helps.

nvm.. I can't post links...

It's on the MyFloridaCFO site, but if you want the direct link you can PM me.

Last edited:
This thread was fresh in my mind when I signed up for mine today. The link below will take you directly to the page on the site and it goes step by step for FL. Hope this helps.

Your link didn't show because you have to have 20 posts before you can post a link. Try again in 5 posts.

You can. I would recommend NIPR. I believe the fees are cheaper, also all the states are in NIPR, I'm not sure on SIRCON.

I seem to remember when I had to get a PA non-res that I started on NIPR and it flipped me to SIRCON because PA uses SIRCON to manage the licensing. I don't recall having a choice.

I seem to remember when I had to get a PA non-res that I started on NIPR and it flipped me to SIRCON because PA uses SIRCON to manage the licensing. I don't recall having a choice.

No idea, I know I just renewed at NIPR for PA at the end of last year.

Back