Senate Report: Illegal Immigrants Benefited from Up to $750M in ObamaCare Subsidies

LOL. That's rich.

Of course, I have to imagine that they were actually turning in fraudulent docs that someone at the marketplace viewed and okayed.

I could see that going on in perpetuity for the fake people. They send fake docs, they get accepted, Ta da.

Right, because it's like trying to prove a negative. You know, there'd be a huge windfall for someone who is smart enough to do a fake person, with a fake insurance plan, not take the APTC, and have the IRS send the entire PTC-subsidy to an offshore account the next year.

LOL. That's rich.

Of course, I have to imagine that they were actually turning in fraudulent docs that someone at the marketplace viewed and okayed.

I have heard of one person (who thought they were NOT covered by VA health benefits) apply, send in "proof" he didn't get VA benefits. (which apparently was just a letter stating that he didn't get MONETARY benefits when in fact he was covered by health benefits--he uploaded himself), get the "proof" okayed, then sometime in October or November have the subsidy turned off because he was, in fact, covered by VA benefits. So someone accepted his proof at the marketplace but then a data dump or something later made it obvious that he was covered under VA benefits and they overruled the acceptance that was made by someone.

I could see that going on in perpetuity for the fake people. They send fake docs, they get accepted, Ta da.

UHC???????????????????????????????????????

If the GOP focused a little attention on making the law better rather than their pointless and infinite attempts to repeal, they could have addressed this issue. But no responsibility is not their game...

Interesting to note how they throw in "illegal immigrant" along with 471,000 people that failed to provide sufficient documentation... anyone that did any enrolling knows that number is not exclusive to immigrants, definitely not exclusive to illegal immigrants. It can also be people that have changed their name multiple times and/or suffered from identity theft, among other culprits.

Why stop their? While we are at it why don't we go ahead throw in the fact that there are some murderers and rapists receiving subsidies as well, not all of those people make it prison.

It saddens me to see what the GOP has become. Never seen a bomb they can't afford but healthcare reform... pssh, that's too expensive. /rant

If the GOP focused a little attention on making the law better rather than their pointless and infinite attempts to repeal, they could have addressed this issue. But no responsibility is not their game... Interesting to note how they throw in "illegal immigrant" along with 471,000 people that failed to provide sufficient documentation... anyone that did any enrolling knows that number is not exclusive to immigrants, definitely not exclusive to illegal immigrants. It can also be people that have changed their name multiple times and/or suffered from identity theft, among other culprits. Why stop their? While we are at it why don't we go ahead throw in the fact that there are some murderers and rapists receiving subsidies as well, not all of those people make it prison. It saddens me to see what the GOP has become. Never seen a bomb they can't afford but healthcare reform... pssh, that's too expensive. /rant

Hmmm, as if the Democrats wanted any input from the GOP when ramming this law down our throats. Tell us, what would make this law better?

I'm not helping them with it at all. They created this monstrosity and they can live with the consequences. Maybe if the Dems would have actually listened to some input from the beginning instead of boasting "we won", then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation today.

What I'm amazed at is people like you somehow placing one ounce of blame for the failures of ACA on ANY Republican. They weren't allowed to participate in the crafting of the bill.

I really am interested in hearing what you think would make this law better.

:D Hitting the reset button to pre 2014 fully underwritten plans. Setting up a separate plan for those who won't qualify for the fully underwritten plans to provide them coverage.

Hmmm, as if the Democrats wanted any input from the GOP when ramming this law down our throats. Tell us, what would make this law better?

I'm not helping them with it at all. They created this monstrosity and they can live with the consequences. Maybe if the Dems would have actually listened to some input from the beginning instead of boasting "we won", then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation today.

What I'm amazed at is people like you somehow placing one ounce of blame for the failures of ACA on ANY Republican. They weren't allowed to participate in the crafting of the bill.

Exactly - "Dems created it, let's sit back and watch it fail... in fact, let's help it fail by cutting the funding and sit back and say we told you so."

This story presents an opportunity. Your so blinded by your ambition to pitch a fit that you can't see that opportunity. It's comical.

Issue: Identity verification problems including immigration statuses.

Proper Mindset: How do we fix this?

Current GOP Mindset: Hah, told you so.

I am not in a position to fix this, that's what our legislators are for. They should fix problems like these, that would make it better.

Exactly - "Dems created it, let's sit back and watch it fail... in fact, let's help it fail by cutting the funding and sit back and say we told you so." This story presents an opportunity. Your so blinded by your ambition to pitch a fit that you can't see that opportunity. It's comical. Issue: Identity verification problems including immigration statuses. Proper Mindset: How do we fix this? Current GOP Mindset: Hah, told you so. I am not in a position to fix this, that's what our legislators are for. They should fix problems like these, that would make it better.

Pitch a fit? Yeah, that's what I'm doing. There is so much wrong with this law. And again, only one party wanted the law and wouldn't take any input from Republicans. And now YOU want Republicans to fix it and if they don't somehow its failure is their fault. That's rich.

And please list all the funding which has been cut. I'll wait.

if the Dems would have actually listened to some input from the beginning instead of boasting "we won", then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation today.

Scott, apparently you don't understand what a big fooking deal this was

:D Hitting the reset button to pre 2014 fully underwritten plans. Setting up a separate plan for those who won't qualify for the fully underwritten plans to provide them coverage.

This method is what Trump would employ. Keep It Simple. Get it done.

Back