Send Out Cards

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
I just got an email from them saying that my cards for Mon and Tues of this week were delayed because the post office ran out of stamps because of the increase.

What??? Their mail is metered.:D I know the post office didn't run out of meters. I tried to reply to their email and tell them to just admit they screwed up and move on instead of blaming it on an outside party.

The email wouldn't accept replies. The become less and less user friendly all the time.

I've never seen a post office that has ran out of stamps. Also...isn't that why they created forever stamps? So the people don't need to go buy new stamps and can just continue using what they have, but just purchasing new ones at the increased rate.

I've never seen a post office that has ran out of stamps. Also...isn't that why they created forever stamps? So the people don't need to go buy new stamps and can just continue using what they have, but just purchasing new ones at the increased rate.

Yeah, it was a bs excuse. Everybody screws up. Just say you messed up and move on.

Send out cards uses a REAL stamp, its not metered. They want it to look more personal.....

Well then if they actually ran out of stamps, then it's no wonder they're broke. Still seems like a lame excuse though, there are plenty of post offices around to buy stamps.

Well then if they actually ran out of stamps, then it's no wonder they're broke. Still seems like a lame excuse though, there are plenty of post offices around to buy stamps.

I have been in business over twenty years and been purchasing my stamps from post offices around Baton Rouge. I assure you the post office did not run out of stamps. Somebody is full of it.

Ron

Now, I haven't used SOC in a while, but they definitely used to use REAL stamps, not metered. If its metered, the service just went downhill.

Also, they don't buy stamps like you and I do. I'm sure they have the machines that hold rolls of thousands (?) of stamps for machine application. The post office likely didn't have these in stock. They could have (but didn't apparantly) switch to putting the stamps on by hand, but doing literally thousands of cards this way would have been difficult as well.

Dan

Back