SEO for Insurance Websites

Discussion in 'Insurance Websites' started by Sam, Apr 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tomas

Tomas Member

State:
    Hawaii
    LOL, that's not a SEO. SEO is organic search and what you described here is Pay Per Click "strategy" of dodgy firms...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Don't expect prompt responses from free directories. DMOZ has very big reputation for Google, so it's important to be there. But there is no rush for them to review every site as soon as possible. So the best advice - submit it and forget it. After 3-4 months if it's still not on the DMOZ submit another time and forget it. And so on... Don't submit it every day, it won't help and might be even worse as you will piss off the editor.
    The fastest way to get on DMOZ is to know editor :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. sherone

sherone New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sam,

Great post to me. Thx for the sharing.

3. ABC

ABC Well-Known Member

State:

That is good information

I am getting ready to start a new blog because I need to the content.

Good post

4. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
  5. InsuranceOnline

InsuranceOnline Member

State:
    Arizona
    I've been blogging for over a year now. While you will get traffic it doesn't mean you'll get quotes or business.
    You'll get a lot of not-targeted traffic. I actually just posted a video on my insurancemarketingonline.net/blog that shows the analytic between a couple of my websites. 2 traditional natural websites, a blog and one of my sites I use for PPC only. That url will skip you past the opt-in page. If you like what's there please opt-in and get updates as I post more training videos.

While I like free traffic and do what I can to find great free lead sources and ways to drive traffice, PPC is a much faster and almost guaranteed way to go. I use the results from the PPC campaigns to start targetign for natural SEO and long-tail keywords.

While blogging is great I don't think it's the panacea everyone raves about. however, it's a lot of fun.

6. Insurace New Port Richey

Insurace New Port Richey Member

State:
    Florida
    Good information about seo for insurance website. I think blogging and social media best way drive traffic to your site.

7. james511

james511 Member

State:
    Alabama
    i don't how to get traffic for my website but thanks for your article

8. sunkist219

sunkist219 Well-Known Member

State:
    New York
    What are you currently trying that's not working?

9. motoxxx

motoxxx Well-Known Member

State:

Random traffic doesn't convert well for people looking for insurance from my experience. The key to any success is getting very tightly targeted traffic to your site, then talking to the site visitor (with your website) exactly how they were searching for you, then causing them to take the action you want them to take with your website.

My top website earned me over 6 figures this past year with less than 2,000 unique visitors a month and none of it came from blogging.

10. james511

james511 Member

State:
    Alabama
    great ! a new guy thanks for your post