Setting up a home based (tel) term life bus

Okay so I got lost. A year or so ago, Vicki was trying to establish her own agency and recruit agents underneath her. Now she's selling an instruction manual? Are you saying it's a good manual? What about the lead sources?

And gosh, Dean Cipriano??? AARGHH!!!! At least he didn't pull a Larry Klein on anyone (that I know of).

She still has an agency with agents underneath her. She sells this book on the side I guess?

I'm saying it's a great manual for people just getting into the business. I mean she even goes into getting licensed. This book is for the brand new people and life agents wanting to go independent and work from home.

She uses strictly E Financial leads, but admits there are other ones and mentioned leadbot and mostchoice as good ones. She gets a kickback from the lead company for this I'm sure. She lists what to look for in a lead source also

I am very familiar with the topic of selling insurance from your desk. I have written and trained on the topic for years. I am familiar with Vicki too and the folks that she does biz with. I would be happy to share with you all you want to know about making a successful future out of selling from your desk.

It is a wonderful way to make a living!

Remember that you must talk to tons of people to make tons of money!

Mark, you're exactly the type of person that gives this industry a bad name.

New agents should STAY AWAY from stuff like this.

My advice...

Life Insurance Internet Leads - Who goes online for life insurance other than people who are dying? Virtually no one. Impaired risk is all over the net or the 18 year old working at the GAP who is goofing around requesting a $5 million 30 year term. Internet Life leads in my opinion are complete garbage.

Watch the "GA's" you "team" up with, most are complete utter unethical slime balls. Not all of them, but most of them are. I just contracted with a life carrier through a "GA" the "GA" turned out to be a complete slime ball jerk so I dropped them BEFORE I submitted ANY business with them - and they will NOT release my carrier appointments for six months - and guess what , the carrier is a slime ball too - they won't release either since the GA sends them a lot of business.

I have multiple DOI complaints against one GA for fraudulent financial transactions and holding my appointments hostage with nothing of the such stated in writing. The DOI somewhat plays the middle man - and it is hard for them to actually say "such and such is a slime ball"

I have the state DOI, state Attorney General, local authorities and my attorney looking into one GA for "charging me" (fraudulently) for using their stupid quoting engine (they racked up fraud charges on my credit card - thousands of dollars they won't return) and holding appointments hostage.

Just watch who you deal with is my point...

Get EVERYTHING in writing, document and record (if possible) all calls.

Keep good records and files, and don't be afraid to bite back when someone tries to screw you. I have had GOOD experiences with life insurance as well - and there ARE good people don't get me wrong, try to get referrals from friends that have done business with people for years, try not to get sucked in to much to trips and bonus crap offered by fly by night GA outfits.

Proceed with caution is all I am suggesting.

There is some guy in Corpus Christie, TX who sells a home-based term life sales system. I believe he charges around $495.00 with a 90 day money back guarantee. He advertises in the Agent's Sales Journal, but I can't remember his name. From what I have heard, he is a stand-up guy and not a BS artist like Dean. If I recall the name and info, I will post it.

"Life Insurance Internet Leads - Who goes online for life insurance other than people who are dying? Virtually no one. Impaired risk is all over the net or the 18 year old working at the GAP who is goofing around requesting a $5 million 30 year term. Internet Life leads in my opinion are complete garbage."

Not necessarily so, but it depends on how you are brought up. The generations coming up ARE raised on the internet and WILL shop there and BUY there. I'm finding it works for me, not perfectly, but not bad. It's just another source of leads. So is working a trade show, or fair, or phonebook, or list company. Everything works and everything doesn't work.... it's all chance.

While I do find the goof off leads, I also find the seriouse leads too. And as long as the commission check clears.......

Reading some of the older threads and it's interesting to see how times have changed. As of 2017 30+% customers bought their life insurance online.

guy in Corpus Christie, TX who sells a home-based term life sales system.

Jeff Root?

Yes, I know this thread is 11 years old.

Looks like Arn hasn't been here since 2015. In 8 years he apparently never figured out who the TX term guy is.

Back