Should I cancel my car insurance if I go to France for 1 year?

Jacques Rebibo

I have my car insurance through Costco with connectbyamfam.com
I'm going to live in France for 1 year, then come back to Florida.
Should I cancel my car insurance? or do you recommend something else?
The car will stay in the covered parking of my house.

I have my car insurance through Costco with connectbyamfam.com
I'm going to live in France for 1 year, then come back to Florida.
Should I cancel my car insurance? or do you recommend something else?
The car will stay in the covered parking of my house.
Reduce it to comprehensive coverage while you're gone.

I have no house sitter, only someone checking the mail and changing AC filter every 2 months. I also have security cameras and AC thermostat controlled by my smartphone. Why would that be important that someone drive my car?

I have no house sitter, only someone checking the mail and changing AC filter every 2 months. I also have security cameras and AC thermostat controlled by my smartphone. Why would that be important that someone drive my car?

Caveat, NOT an agent.

The importance of whether the car is started, driven, etc is a question for a mechanic.

The insurance issue is IF someone will drive it.

Auto insurance agents will have to explain the problems that could arise if someone drives your car in your absence and there is no liability insurance and they are not on the policy.

I will call the car insurance tomorrow. This insurance is though Costco web site, not at the Costco store.
My uncle had Costco auto insurance. It cost him over $200,000 when his wife was injured in a car accident. He had no idea the Costco policy offered at the time didn't provide Underinsured coverage like the State Farm policy he had before that had $500,000 of underinsured. The person that injured his wife was only carrying $20,000 of Bodily Injury coverage. Had he not switched to Costco, they would have collected almost $280,000 from the state farm policy to make up for how grossly underinsured the at fault party was

Back