SIAA, Smart Choice or Iroquois Group

I joined SIAA last year and am phenomenally pleased. Not just for comp but for market access, development, and support.

Also you get overrides on both local and national levels plus you start at higher base comp with some carriers -- nearly impossible to match or beat this with a small agency.

Does SIAA Require you have a book of business or prior experience in P&C?

I am primary life and health, but have written some P&C over the years, but want to begin writing P&C again

About 8 years ago I looked at SIAA and they have a good set-up but the (at that time) $10,000 fee was a bit stiff. At the time I also used Noodle. The problem with Noodle was they didn't have much appetite for my markets. Looked at Iroquois and Producers Network. I chose Producers Insurance Network (PIN) but at the moment can't remember why they won over Iroquois. PIN is a $500 annual membership and it is a 50/50 split. I've been very happy with PIN.

I recommend not using Iroquois as they do not guarantee appointment with carriers. Basically they make recommendations and try and make matches. Then it's up to the carrier to accept or deny you. S.I.A.A. Gets appointments as part of the group, they still like to see volume but sometimes can make it work. I received way more appointments with S.I.A.A. In 3 months than Iroqouis. Plus Iroqouis contract is extremely hard to get out of. Iroqouis will litigate you, I'm sure S.I.A.A. Will also but at least that should not be an issue as S.I.A.A. Delivers.

Start off small. Get a couple of non-standard auto companies to write for. Work it and build a book. Find a small agency (with a standard Company) that is looking to sell. Don't join a group and don't borrow money, unless it's to pay for an existing agency. In 5-10 years, you'll be a hell of a lot better of than getting cluster ______d.

Start off small. Get a couple of non-standard auto companies to write for. Work it and build a book. Find a small agency (with a standard Company) that is looking to sell. Don't join a group and don't borrow money, unless it's to pay for an existing agency. In 5-10 years, you'll be a hell of a lot better of than getting cluster ______d.

You are full of it, there isnt a better way right now than to join a cluster.....most preferred carriers are not adding agents unless they are part of a cluster.......

You are full of it, there isnt a better way right now than to join a cluster.....most preferred carriers are not adding agents unless they are part of a cluster.......

Who cares if you are "preferred" or not. The goal here is to make money! I have for over 35 years. I have direct contracts with over 50 companies (preferred & non-standard). I started small and NEVER borrowed money or sold my soul to an aggregator or whatever you want to call it. Question: When you cluster, are you truly Independent?

how did you write business when you first started with no appointments?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Who cares if you are "preferred" or not. The goal here is to make money! I have for over 35 years. I have direct contracts with over 50 companies (preferred & non-standard). I started small and NEVER borrowed money or sold my soul to an aggregator or whatever you want to call it. Question: When you cluster, are you truly Independent?

Last edited:

hey Putz, what did I say? I said RIGHT NOW, 35 years ago, Insurance was a different animal...

I REPEAT, Most carriers are NOT appointing new agents......

And who only wants a sub-standard book?

You have proven your intelligence already, thank you, soon to be on the ignore list.

hey Putz, what did I say? I said RIGHT NOW, 35 years ago, Insurance was a different animal...

I REPEAT, Most carriers are NOT appointing new agents......

And who only wants a sub-standard book?

You have proven your intelligence already, thank you, soon to be on the ignore list.

Hey Mr. Genius, I'll bet you I have more offices, more contracts, more designations, more social media/web presence and make a heck of a lot more $ than you do. Ignore that.
:biggrin:

Back