SIAA, Smart Choice or Iroquois Group

Hey Mr. Genius, I'll bet you I have more offices, more contracts, more designations, more social media/web presence and make a heck of a lot more $ than you do. Ignore that.
:biggrin:

Who cares, I work from home, so what?

The most important thing is, that mine is bigger than yours.....

I dont give a crap about letters behind my name.

And who cares about money, I take care of my terminally ill parents, so bite me, I am more of a MAN than you are.....

and my web presence is top notch.....

What else you want to compare troll?

Will a cluster like SIAA appoint an agent that is looking to run a home office?

Also do you find it difficult to find employees & producers if you are running a home office or is it better just to stick to a one man show at home

There are places you can partner with that do not charge any up front fee and they dont have minimum requirements. They also let you leave anytime and get any appointment with a carrier. You can get access to any carrier.

So why would someone pay a place like SIAA and have the non compete ect...?

I have always wondered what the difference is. I assume there must be something.

I started with a Cluster program. In my experience, without the cluster program, I wouldn't have survived. I don't understand what is so bad about a cluster. From day one, you can compete with anyone out there. You don't short sale your clients by sticking them with only non standard companies and thanks to a cluster, you get a higher comm than you would without it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way, there are plenty of clusters out there that don't charge a arm and a leg to sign up with them. Do some research I'm sure you'll find one that suit your needs.

Last edited:
I know of an ind. agent that has a p/c book of over 3m and he works from home. he uses the service center from most carriers and is able to make it work. considering avg. commission is around 13% (not including carrier bonuses), I think he is doing ok working from his home office. if a client needs to meet with him, he uses a virtual office with locations around the city.

I am new to the insurance business I plan on starting in October. I intially planned on going captive with State Farm but the more I investigate the more I think I should go independant. I met with a Smart Coice Representative last week, seemed like a good deal no up front fee 70 - 30 split on commission. A one year contract and the BOB belongs to you.

Does Smart Choice give you binding authority right away? That is an issue I am running into with some of these clusters ?

Back