social security increase and Medicaid eligibility

keith365

Super Genius
Does anyone know if Medicaid will be limiting eligibility because of the social security income increase from 2023? I have a prospect who would qualify for full medicaid, but the her increase in social security this year makes her over the limit to qualify. It seems that the state's Medicaid office would increase their income limits to match social securities increase, but maybe not?
Also, it seems that in the past, if someone qualified for a d-snp because they had a qmb medicaid designation, their co-payments in the mapd would also be paid by the issuing insurance company. After all, if they qualify for the mapd, and the summary of benefits shows all $0 for every copayment, you'd think the owner of the policy would pay $0 for any medical service. But I know that qmb only means that their part B premium is paid for by the state. What is everyone's experience? Should our clients expect to pay $0 copayments in an d-snp if they have qmb?

Does anyone know if Medicaid will be limiting eligibility because of the social security income increase from 2023? I have a prospect who would qualify for full medicaid, but the her increase in social security this year makes her over the limit to qualify. It seems that the state's Medicaid office would increase their income limits to match social securities increase, but maybe not?
Also, it seems that in the past, if someone qualified for a d-snp because they had a qmb medicaid designation, their co-payments in the mapd would also be paid by the issuing insurance company. After all, if they qualify for the mapd, and the summary of benefits shows all $0 for every copayment, you'd think the owner of the policy would pay $0 for any medical service. But I know that qmb only means that their part B premium is paid for by the state. What is everyone's experience? Should our clients expect to pay $0 copayments in an d-snp if they have qmb?

incorrect - QMB includes cost-share protection. So yes, $0 copays

it's hard to see but the cola is going to bump folks off medicaid. Already had it happen to one of my agents today.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 10
Unfortunately I’m getting calls of people being kicked off . It’s ironic as hell . They got a $87 ss increase and their part B is $164.90 . There check will fall $80

Last edited:
Back