Stand Alone Dental Plan

Am I missing something? This link shows plan 3 with a max $1,500 calendar max. and coverage only starts the 1st of the following month after applying. ??

You are not able to get access to this program directly through Ameritas. If anyone is interested in learning more, you can send me a note to ssok @ thehicgroup.com and I will forward you an overview of the program.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How much does that Ameritas plan pay on commissions.

Commissions are up to 28% year after year level commissions. I am confident that I have sold every dental product available in the market and this program is really the best for your clients and pays the best for agents.

If anyone is interested in learning more and getting contracted please send me a note to ssok @ thehicgroup.com and I will forward you an overview.

Last edited:
I wish there was someone on the board with an Ameritas contract :goofy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I guess my comment wasn't read correctly as sarcasm.

thanks (?) for the email of the contract......even though I didn't request it

Usually people wait until they have 17.5 posts before they start soliciting hard on this forum

Last edited:
Is that for a group plan? I found the individual/family plans and the max that I found was $1,500

You're right the $2,500 max claim is overstated. But the $1,500 isn't even a real number for their top tier plan. From the brochure:

Boost your annual maximum benefit by submitting at least one dental claim each year and keeping your total benefits received for the year at or below the Threshold Amount. You will "earn" an Annual Reward that you carry over to increase your annual maximum benefit available the next year. Accumulate rewards up to the total Maximum Reward amount.
If no dental claims are submitted during a year, no rewards are earned and accumulated rewards are lost. But you can begin building rewards again the very next year.

Threshold amount: $500
Annual reward: $250
Maximum reward: 1,000
Annual maximum benefit: $1,500

The way I read this you have to keep your claims under $500 each year, but file at least one per year. Each year you do that your annual reward increases by $250 up to a max reward of $1,000. You add that to your $500 threshold amount and you get to $1,500--after 4 years.

This is their top tier of a three tiered plan. I'd be embarrassed to present this to a client I care about.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

@ WC Mason - I'm not sure what plan you are referring to but here is the Ameritas plan that I was discussing earlier. There is no overstatement and it is a great dental program that includes vision.

Dental coverage for basic, preventive and major services.
You receive the following benefits: $70 Annual Deductible for all services with an annual maximum of $2,500. Benefits are paid based on a percentage of Usual and Customary charges. You may choose any dentist nationwide or select from one of nearly 65,000 provider access locations.

I can email you a brochure and more info if you like for your review.

Not interested. But I will share they're brochure here.

http://www.healthplan.com/ameritas/docs/brochure_dental.pdf

Here is the plan he is talking about. He seems to be the negative one. Thought he found a fish pond he could do some easy fishing. Found out it's not the case, we don't allow trolling and spam and we are negative for not allowing it. Who would want to work with this type? Good luck.

Here the info on his plan.
http://thehicgroup.usateamcorp.com/PageView.aspx?association=1&suitesFK=105&state=IL

No waiting period on major services, technically speaking. It only pays 10% on Endodontics, All Periodontics, Major Restorative and Anesthesia the first year and 40% the second year after you file a claim at the 10% level. If you file a claim at the 10% level, do nothing the next year and then file again the third year you are back at the 10% level.

Here is the plan he is talking about. He seems to be the negative one. Thought he found a fish pond he could do some easy fishing. Found out it's not the case, we don't allow trolling and spam and we are negative for not allowing it. Who would want to work with this type? Good luck.

Here the info on his plan.
http://thehicgroup.usateamcorp.com/PageView.aspx?association=1&suitesFK=105&state=IL

No waiting period on major services, technically speaking. It only pays 10% on Endodontics, All Periodontics, Major Restorative and Anesthesia the first year and 40% the second year after you file a claim at the 10% level. If you file a claim at the 10% level, do nothing the next year and then file again the third year you are back at the 10% level.

Thanks for the link. He just said Ameritas but provided nothing to view. Apparently they have more than one plan. This one has a similarly kooky structure, however. From the brochure:

Incentive Coinsurance: All members will begin at the lowest coinsurance level. Members will advance to year two coinsurance level if a claim is received in the first 12 months they are covered. If a claim is not received, members return to the lowest level of coinsurance.

Dental Rewards - Rewards insureds that care for their teeth and use only a portion of their annual maximum benefit in a year. With its increasing maximum feature, each insured member and dependent earns additional money toward his or her next year's annual maximum.

To get the maximum carryover for the next year, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Visit your Dentist between Jan. 1st and Dec. 31st.
2) Submit claim for payment prior to April 1st of the next year.
3) Total benefits paid for current year visits must be less than $750.
o If you meet all 3 requirements you will have an additional $400 available in Annual Maximum for the next year.
o In future years if you have benefits paid of less than $750, additional amounts of $400 will be added to the carryover. However, the most you can accumulate in the maximum carryover is $1,200.
o Your annual maximum will be $3,700 in four years if you continue to visit the dentist once each year!

All this for only $69 per month according to the details on the website.

Back