Starting in Final Expense

I did not see the typical spam post here.

So, I, at this point, see no need to delete anything.

Let's remember that we are professionals. We are all a little brave over the internet. Name calling can be done after school at the bike rack.

Final expense

Red,

FE can be a lot of fun, you'll meet some wonderful people. When I was doing it we would put flyers in newspapers. I don't think I'd do that today. At one point we had an automated dialer set up in the upstairs of a funeral home. We were selling for Homesteaders Life back then, our MGA (John Aman of Charlotte) and a company rep (Tony Policastro) came down and suggested we actually help with the funerals and hand out business cards!

FE can be very profitable, I worked on a 50% contract back then, it would have been great to get 100%.

HEy red I apologize, I didnt mean to insult you, I just seen you hadnt posted much and when I clicked on the site it wasnt anything to do with insurance. Its not my spot to even say that but I didnt think it was that offensive.

For you comment about being brave on the internet midwest, I don't give 2 shits where I am at, I am not threatning anyone and I don't change my attitude or act like a tough guy. If you are coming to this thread to comment on the thread then do it, don't come here and join the wagon to act like you are a tough guy. Pm if you got something to say.

Senior - My post was intended to remind all that we cannot tell someones tone over the internet, and that we call can get "brave" when posting. Not to you but to all in general. That is why I did not call out one person. I have been known to get a little carried away. I just did not want a thread of insults. That does us no good. I am sorry that I offended you. I will be more clear in future posts. I do appreciate you posts!

I know I have sent my wife a funny Email and got read the riot act! And she knows that I am a smart a**.

Final Expense.. starting in..

I am not sure if this is legal in your state. (VERIFY first...) However, from a marketing stand point.. I would contact local funeral homes and see if you can set up a small desk or office in the area of where someone would come in to "arrange for funeral expenses..."

You might think at this point its kind of late.. but not really. If there is a family that is worried because someone did not have enough to cover expenses .. etc. they might look at you as a god sent... no pun intended.

Or if there is a healthy family of planners.. that plan ahead -- you would be there to make arrangements ahead of time for them in the event of the "time" ... of the expense.

I would also consider marketing with florists in the area.. some how. Bringing in brochures, or asking if you can leave business cards on the counter.. and YOU TAKE information of the florist shop for your office. General partnership .. in an unknown place.

Off the path marketing places:

Others to market with cosmetologists that "makeup the deceased" ...

Tuxedo or suit shops.... fancy dress shops (when my friend lost his mother he went all out on a nice gown!)

If I think of others I will let you know....

thanks

Hey senior thanks for the apology. I can see how that might have looked since I am new to this board.

So far I have found some great tips on how to approach FE. I got interested in the product because one of my friends receives mailer leads in hand and goes door knocking without any phone contact. He writes an average of 3-4k in premiums weekly. I am not used to the door knocking approach but have seen how profitable it can be.

I read someone used a dialer in one of the previous posts and wondered how effective the dialers are? I have looked into buying one and from what I know they are still legal as long as you download the no call list.

3-4k in final expense a week is awesome. That would generat me about 12k a month n commish. How does he get enough leads to door knock FE? I get a 1% return, mostly from broke or sick people.

Wow, door knocking is brave. I've done my fair share, and other than the crap I peddled as a kid, the only product I've had measureable success with is Mortgage Protection. Me & a buddy of mine go hit the new neighborhoods, if we get no answer we leave a door hanger, otherwise it's basically just a meet & greet in search for the appointment. occassionally, although very rare, will we pop a sale off right there at the door.

I can't imagine doing Final Expense door to door, unless of course it's a Del Webb Sun City neighborhood.

I consider myself a solid door-to-door guy. I'd love to learn how your friend approaches it.

mailers

Well he actually doesn't pay for the mailers. He goes through a co. called equita group. THey sell them for $18 a pop. He gets quite a bit a week and works them all around his part of the state. Biggest tip from him is to just uses all of your renewals and commissions on more buying more leads.

Back