Starting in Final Expense

Wow, door knocking is brave. I've done my fair share, and other than the crap I peddled as a kid, the only product I've had measureable success with is Mortgage Protection. Me & a buddy of mine go hit the new neighborhoods, if we get no answer we leave a door hanger, otherwise it's basically just a meet & greet in search for the appointment. occassionally, although very rare, will we pop a sale off right there at the door.

I can't imagine doing Final Expense door to door, unless of course it's a Del Webb Sun City neighborhood.

I consider myself a solid door-to-door guy. I'd love to learn how your friend approaches it.

Well he just shows up with the card in hand and shows it to them. He just asks them if they remember filling out the card and asks to come in. Don't get me wrong he is pretty hardcore. I was with him once and while hes talking he starts wiping his feet on their door mat and immediately after asking if he can come in he just walks in without them answering yes or no.

Well he just shows up with the card in hand and shows it to them. He just asks them if they remember filling out the card and asks to come in. Don't get me wrong he is pretty hardcore. I was with him once and while hes talking he starts wiping his feet on their door mat and immediately after asking if he can come in he just walks in without them answering yes or no.

Maybe he used to work for Combined. That's the old "Combined Shuffle"!

I would love to focus on final expense as much as I do med supps. Anyone selling alot of final expense as well as med supps?

I would like to do so as well. Who are the best carriers? I have heard various people tout Baltimore Life, Transamerica Occidental, Lincoln Heritage, Americo, Shenandoah and probably a few others.

BY the way, you are suppose to clean your feet and lean in and point behind them while asking if you can come in. It works great if you have the balls to do it.

Is that the Combined way, or just the way period?

I talked to a FE lead guru a while back and their tactics weren't much less aggressive than this, except much of it was on the phone. That's one of the companies that wanted me to sign the appointment sheet but who refused to send the contract after repeated requests. :goofy:

No, I didnt learn that form Combined. It was penn life. You point down behind their feet. I forgot to mention the direction. I need a good FMO for Final Expense. I hate looking for the best product. Others have said Oxford was about the cheapest. I just need one for great rates and one for great rates with a graded benefit. I don't care for the gauranteed issue products.

No, I didnt learn that form Combined. It was penn life. You point down behind their feet. I forgot to mention the direction. I need a good FMO for Final Expense. I hate looking for the best product. Others have said Oxford was about the cheapest. I just need one for great rates and one for great rates with a graded benefit. I don't care for the gauranteed issue products.

I am talking to one now for Baltimore Life and Americo that leads with a free 24-7 nurse hotline and a rx discount (for those under 65) as a way to get in the door. Still undecided since I don't want to get stuck in a lower commission contract if their leads don't pan out. But I've had some high non-work related expenses lately and don't really have any marketing $$ right now.

I'm not surprised about Penn Life since they told me that door knocking is their #1`way of getting business.

I am talking to one now for Baltimore Life and Americo that leads with a free 24-7 nurse hotline and a rx discount (for those under 65) as a way to get in the door. Still undecided since I don't want to get stuck in a lower commission contract if their leads don't pan out. But I've had some high non-work related expenses lately and don't really have any marketing $$ right now.

I'm not surprised about Penn Life since they told me that door knocking is their #1`way of getting business.

Can you let me in on who that marketing place is that has leads. I would take a lower commish on those companies since tehy are providing leads. Plus there are more competive companies than that if I am unhappy with them.

Can you let me in on who that marketing place is that has leads. I would take a lower commish on those companies since tehy are providing leads. Plus there are more competive companies than that if I am unhappy with them.

They are about an hour from me and do not have a website. I doubt they are operating in IN, but I have to call them tomorrow anyway and will find out.

I got a flyer the other day from Lincoln Heritage too, touting the alliance with the Funeral Consumer Guardian Society. They offer leads as has been mentioned before and apparently also group benefits if you meet production standards.

Back