Status Update About Voiceleads.us

After all this one person comes forward with an "I knew a guy who knew a guy" who got fined story.

Since we are all talking out of our asses I say we drop the matter. Only time will divulge the truth. Until I see actual evidence (a news article, insurance blog piece, something) I have no reason to think otherwise. We can all agree robo dialers are illegal and the companies that buy them are breaking the law, but as of right now no confirmed agent has ever gotten in trouble for purchasing this lead type.

I don't condone those leads, I think robo dialers suck, and I don't use those types of leads, BUT I also deal in facts and evidence and this board is full of many that are honestly acting like plenty of agents have been fined and you are playing with fire. I just don't think that is very responsible.

Since we all want to *win* our own arguments I am sure many of you here will revel in the victory of having a "crack down on agents" article to post some day. Until then I will have my own victory and post once every 3 months: So......any agents fined for these leads yet?

Oh and Todd sorry to dismiss your story so quickly but I really am looking for something more concrete. Perhaps you could give us the info for that lead vendor and I'll call them up and question them about their leads and if they have ever been fined or an agent has been fined. Curious to see how upfront and honest they are about it.

Okay, if you want to dismiss the facts, then it's up to you. If you want to check in on it, it was Trusted Lead Source who was doing it. I did confirm this with them and the agent at the same time on a 3 way call. Since that time, I do believe that Trusted Lead Source has since stopped doing press 1 leads.

Now, you can investigate this or not. You can believe what you want, or not.

Okay, if you want to dismiss the facts, then it's up to you. If you want to check in on it, it was Trusted Lead Source who was doing it. I did confirm this with them and the agent at the same time on a 3 way call. Since that time, I do believe that Trusted Lead Source has since stopped doing press 1 leads.

Now, you can investigate this or not. You can believe what you want, or not.

There phone line is disconnected but I sent them an email. I await their reply.

Not sure what you mean by dismissing facts. Which facts are you referring to? The fact that robo calls are illegal for the companies/persons doing the calls or the story you have of an agent getting fined?

An agent purchasing a robo call lead and getting in trouble isn't a fact at all. So far that is just hearsay and boogy man tales.

As far as believing what I want.....well ever since I got into politics I make it a point not to believe anything without undeniable proof. Do not be offended Todd that I don't hear your one single story (that cannot be verified) and do a 180 "Oh it must be true cause Todd says!"

You can take it personally if you wish but please keep in mind I react to everyone this way. Plus if you do happen to have a verifiable instance of an agent getting in trouble for this specifically and you post that knowledge here I will be the first one so say thank you and give you a virtual handshake.

I'm just a truth seeker is all ;)

I get it, just because I know it for a fact doesn't mean you do. I gave you the source so that you can verify it, if it really means that much to you.

I'm thinking the best way for you to find out if it would really happen is to do a campaign of press 1 leads and keep doing it until you get caught. Then you'll have all the facts that you want. I'm sure you'll even get it in writing at that point. :biggrin:

Heck no man I don't support press 1 leads. Tried em one time a long time ago and it was fine and all but ethically I just don't agree with them.

Doesn't the fact that something is illegal make most agents just not do it?

Does it really make any difference if agents are getting fined or not?

I guess it goes right along the line of taking a course on ethics. If someone is unethical, they are going to lie on the test aren't they?

This would make a good poll.

.well ever since I got into politics I make it a point not to believe anything without undeniable proof.
"I'm just a truth seeker is all...."
A truth seeking politician? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Doesn't the fact that something is illegal make most agents just not do it?

Does it really make any difference if agents are getting fined or not?

I guess it goes right along the line of taking a course on ethics. If someone is unethical, they are going to lie on the test aren't they?

This would make a good poll.

As long as you pay more than $15 for the lead it is legal. I'm pretty sure that is in AHIP somewhere. Quit being a fear mongerer....

Back