Struggling With Study

The best advice I have for taking the test is...

1. Don't over think
2. Don't think the test is trying to trick you if you see an obvious answer. After all, you have studied and should notice the obvious answers.
3. Just before you leave your car to take the exam, look over your notes one last time.
4. Once you get seated for the exam. Write down as much information as you can on the sheet of paper they give you. This will help you with recall in the exam.
5. Flag the questions your not 100% sure about and then go back to them later. No reason to freak out over one question and spend to much time on it.
6. When you see a question your not sure about, read it again. Do you see any words you are familiar with? Take those "keywords" and look at the answers they have given you. Try to match those up the best you can.

I hope that helps.

My thoughts are your are probably over preparing. You only have to score 70%. It doesn't matter if you score 70 or 95. One score will get you the license the same as the other. In the scope of this business what you score on this exam is meaningless as long as you pass. If you fail it is no big deal other than you have to pay the fees again unless you work for one of the wirehouses who only give you one shot at the tests.

When I took my securities exam I scored 92 on the Series 6 but only 73 on the Series 63. I was ticked about the 73 because my exam prep material was not good but then I found out that my sales manager scored 71 on the Series 63.

Back