SugarCRM - free software to help run your office

I am having a problem intergrating Sugar CRM with our norvax health insurance quote page as well as our custom health quote pages. Al how did get through this? Or do you manually enter leads or use the outlook connector?
If anyone can assist me with this I will be happy to reimburse them.

I manually enter my leads.

I get leads via cold-phone, cold-walk, and of course referrals.

I don't buy leads and I've not tried to integrate Sugar with any outside venue... although from what I read it should be easier(er) to do with the new 5.5.

The only thing I can suggest that is easy would be if you can export your leads into an ascii file, you can then import that into Sugar's lead module easily enough.

What have you tried to do with Sugar to integrate it with Norvax and eHealth?

I looked at YIO and did not care for either the interface or the organization of it. It did not meet my needs for the most part. However I did like the reporting which is something Sugar is weak on... unless you install the reporting module which I've not done yet.

If you run a large agency with lots of agents I can see how a few of the features of YIO might justify the cost, but for a one-guy shop like I have, I just didn't see enough value in YIO vs. any of the free CRM programs for how I run my business.

One thing I like about Sugar is that has a bunch of 'themes' such that you can change the visual appearance and some minor functionally with one click. I also like the wide array of third-party (often free) add-on modules that are available via the Sugar Exchange:

SugarExchange: Welcome

For example there is a nice reporting module called Jasper that lots of people recommend for Sugar:

SugarExchange: Product Details

While YIO is an adequate system, and has a wide array of followers and ardent supporters, I find that it is limited in scope and expandability given the cost and in comparison to competing products. That does not mean it's a bad choice, it's just not MY choice.

Sugar works well for me and gives me the option of running it locally on my hard disk or installing it on a server (hosted or dedicated) so I can use it as a web-service from any machine (like an iPhone) anywhere in the world. It has a HUGE community of users and developers and has an extensive array of add-ons. It's also FREE (at least one version, anyway.)

Here is the direct link to the online demo. Just click the 'login' button:

SugarCRM - Commercial Open Source CRM

Get what works best for you and what you are comfortable with. There are no shortage of solutions out there... perhaps too many!

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

I have a friend of mine that lives in Tennessee working on a CRM for me. I used a CRM in the car business that he programmed, called carsalesassistant.com, for about 10 of the 20 years that I was in the auto business. He creates an awesome program and they are very simple to use. There is no doubt that this program is the reason for all of the repeat business I did. What will it do?

1. You set-up your follow-up schedule- If you want to follow-up with your client on the day after the sale, then at 3,6,9,12,24 months, or whatever, you can set it to do that and it will automatically generate your pre-programmed letters. If you would rather call, it will remind you to do that.
You can do this for prospects too.

2. You can also set it to automatically send emails at whatever intervals you choose

3. Of course it keeps all customer info, birthdays, money made, number of sales for the year or month

Here's the kicker. The automobile version is $8.33 a month and the insurance version should be the same. He is working on the insurance version now. I believe that you will also be able to use it on your cell phone if you need to.

His website is:

http://followupcrm.com

Last edited:
Al, thanks for asking first of all, but the good news was that I got my data out of GBS which is an old CRM .exe software which is outdated for us as we have moved into being a website company from being face to face.
So, we are trying to set up an automated lead post into Sugar. The problem for me is that I have so many lead forms and can't figure out how to post them into Sugar, I wish it was just the Norvax leads that we create, but we also have about 6 other quote pages. I will let you know when we figure this out.

Indiviudal Health Insurance

I just tried Radius Bob's new CRM for a few minutes and it is amazing. Blows Sugar out of the water, I haven't tried the others but I am officially a fan of this product.

I'm helping them beta test this product. They still have a lot of work to do on it but it looks like it will be pretty good when/if the get done adding the basics that are necessary for it to be tailored to the insurance biz, like YIO, i-Relay, and others are.

SugarCRM works for my simple operation. If I had many agents or a monster book of biz, I can see where an industry specific CRM would have a benefit to me, but out-of-the-box Sugar has worked for me for almost 3 years now so if it ain't broke, no need for fixin'.

YMMV.

I am a full service agency so I do all P&C and Life, health, etc. I use Vertafore's AMS360. I wouldn't use anything else. Everything is able to integrated into the system, automated, and it includes a built-in CRM to where you can market your leads, keep track of responses etc. I dont even have to type in policy info. It is downloaded every morning and auto populated.:cool:

Having a system that does all this is like having 3-4 CSR's doing the work for me 24-7. I love it!

Is there anyone who can help to get the insurance version of CRM for suger or vtiger. I am using the vtiger for my dialer, would really like to work with vtiger instead of suger. I really need one CRM to integrate with the web. vtiger already has a module for web site integration.

Back