Sunday Cold Calling?

After spending the slightest amount of time doing research it appears that only two states have laws against cold calling on Sunday. Technically there is a third, but the restriction is that marketers can only call from 12-8, which still makes it legal. So desert boy, aside from the painfully poor English and the vulgarity, it appears that your facts aren't even accurate. Quite the impression to be making to a new crowd.

Here are the real questions. How many calls did the OP make yesterday? And how many is he going to make today, this week?

Zero calls yesterday, one hundred eighty six calls today. No dialer.

Of course not. My guess is that the person on the other end of the phone will write you off very quickly.

Different story if they ask you to call or you live in Guam.

Do other work on Sunday such as paperwork, website work or writing content. Or watching the Ravens lose.

I believe the Ravens will be losing on Saturday at 4:30 pm EST this week. ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My guess is that if you do it during football season, especially playoff month, you will at least get to meet a few of the wives at the front door as a lot of women just don't like watching football on TV and will be happy for the distraction. YMMV.

Al
Here I be... I be here.

You must not have been to Pittsburgh because a lot of women here are die hard Steelers fans. My Mom watches every game.

Last edited:
I personally do not. If you do what your are suppose to do the other six days, you shouldn't need to do any of it on Sunday. That being said, I use to residential door knock on Sunday afternoons in another business and can only remember one person in five years making a comment. In fact, it was one of my better days since more people were home then on Saturdays. In my area, in the summers everyone leaves on Saturday to head "up north to the cabin."

If you feel the need to do it, I would do it. A few people may get upset, but that doesn't really matter. Keep your approach low key and let them go if they don't want to talk. You only care about finding a few people who actually want to speak with you, the rest can go pound sand.

The best way to Sunday prospect is to hit the churches and paper the cars while the flock is being lectured.

May I suggest a flyer titled, "the greatest sin of all." "Leaving penniless widow to care for your children."

The best way to Sunday prospect is to hit the churches and paper the cars while the flock is being lectured.

May I suggest a flyer titled, "the greatest sin of all." "Leaving penniless widow to care for your children."

Nice!

I guarantee you'll get some calls too! I just make no promises as to what they'll say.

But seriously, as long as it is not illegal where you are, its worth a shot.

I'm calling school teachers. They work during the day. In the evening the are probably doing dinner ect. During the week and you only have a small window to call as they go to bed EARLY.

A few in our office that I am associated with have pretty good success on Sundays.

Back